SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quick little fuel economy update. With the EFI I was getting around 45 miles when the light comes on. I have no idea how much is on reserve but it isn't much.

I'm using an RR fuel petcock so there is no reserve. Filled it with 1.9 gallons and went 90.6 miles before coming to a stop. Yes 90.6

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Quick little fuel economy update. With the EFI I was getting around 45 miles when the light comes on. I have no idea how much is on reserve but it isn't much.

I'm using an RR fuel petcock so there is no reserve. Filled it with 1.9 gallons and went 90.6 miles before coming to a stop. Yes 90.6
My 08 ran out of fuel at the 68 mile mark after beating the snot out of it scrubbing in a new set of tires in a parking lot on the way home from work one night. Luckily I could see the gas station from where she died. On another note, the 510 is easy to push :anim_peep:

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks to tech for making a plug and play harness for my lc1 I highly recommend it. I was geting some popping and as it turns out it was a rich and lean pop. Way rich on the bottom and way lean on the top. I got it almost dialed in. Jyst gotta go up one more on the main. Current settings are 40 pilot, 1.25 on the fuel screw, clip3rd, 185 main. Like stated I gotta go up one more on the main, a 185 is already big in my mind, however the lc1 doesn't lie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Intake boot

Hey this Eric near St. Paul mn. I was inspired by your conversion from efi to carb.So took the leap and went for it
myself.Bought everything used from an 07 te510 to convert my 2010 sm450r to carb.It fired right up just like yours.
Cool! But I did have to modify the intake boot. They didn't match. I ended up cutting and splicing the to together and it works ok, but not ideal. How did yours work? I wonder if I can buy one with a clean fit? What do you think? Thanks for posting it really helped.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts