SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full RS2 system on my DRZ and am having a hard time keeping it looking clean. When people post up pics of their bikes, their exhaust is gleaming, looking brand new, but mine looks dull. Is there a special cleaner you guys are using? Also, on my header I am getting some spots that resemble rust. Anyone experience this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have the spots on my header as well, and i'm guessing most other people do too. I use Eagle One wadding type stainless steel polish on the pipe, but it doesn't touch the discolored spots, although it helps to keep it looking pretty good otherwise. I hope someone responds who found a cure for it, as I bet there is something that at least helps a good bit.

http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1006&cat=5006

I get it at Walmart.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm gonna hit up the Wal tomorrow to see if they have that up here in Canada or atleast a similar product. It would be nice if someone had a tip about those header spots. I try to keep my bike as clean as possible, especially since its black but those spots just appeared one day:eek:

·
Registered
144 Posts
things that i've found to work great include:

- tube of Honda Polish
- 3M microfinish compound, used to buff out clear coats on cars. *for grunt work, use a rag, if the exhaust is off, use a buffer.

my 96 CR125 was purchased with a bills nickel pipe, and it was almost black all the way around. the guy i purchased it from stated he had gone to the point of trying to burn off the residue black, but still without luck.
i tried honda polish for a good 5 minutes in one spot, making small circles, without success. i then tried the 3M microfinish compound and a buffer. 30 seconds later, i had high polished nickel showing! *this also works on stainless and titanium!*

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts