SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new sumo. I have narrowed down my search to a 690 SMC (If i can find one!!!!). I am just wondering what you guys think a fair price would be for a new one from a dealership (once again if i can find a left over)? And what a fair price would be for a used one.

Also how many miles do you guys think is a lot on the 690's?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd say anywhere between 8K to 9K out the door would be a great deal for a new one. Let me just say this:

I bought mine brand new, when they first came out in May/June of 2008. It cost me 10,112 after taxes, fees, etc. (i.e., out the door). But considering this was my first big buy after landing a decent job, I didn't have enough saved up for it, so I had to take out a loan for 9,000. But get this. I did the calculations, and I just NOW paid off the bike (3 years later), and the entire amount that I have paid on the bike (due to interest) is $11,500. Quite a bit, I know. But still worth it. None the less...

Not sure on used prices, as it would depend on the year and the mileage. But as long as the owner has done oil changes, and checked the valves, I wouldn't blink an eye at a 690 SMC with even 20,000 miles. Mine has 10,000 miles now, and seems to be running strong (after replacing the fuel pump).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats good news. i have found one with about a 8800 sticker price but i think i might be able to talk him down a little. i wouldnt mind a used one but it seems that all the one ive found so far are either a little too far away or that the maintenance hasnt been kept up

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Used prices are all over the place, look around. Example: A close friend of mine just picked up a '09 690 SMC with 1,500 miles on it for $5000 cash! This was not a buddy deal, just a guy desperate for cash. He had it listed for $8k for 2 months and didn't get one call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts