SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally sold the Tri 675 and had the chance to ride an 07 690 SM today. I want one. I've been quoted 9600 USD OTD, including all taxes and fees. In another thread, a guy said he got his for 8500 OTD. What did you pay, including taxes and everything? Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I picked mine up last June in PA. It was one of the first in the US. I paid sticker ($8499.99) + $200 set up with a tire swap thrown in. I bought it out of state so I paid my taxes, tag and registration separately. The break down was something like 5% tax ($435) tag ($90). Registration was in the range of $50. All up it was right around $9274.99 OTD. Personally I think if you are going for a 07’ they should be lower then sticker at this point. $9600 seems high to me but it is always comes down to what the market will support in your area. Good luck, it’s a great ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all, thanks to the moderator for cleaning up my double post.

Second, thanks to you two dudes for your replies. I found one for 8.3k otd a couple hours drive from here. Pick it up tomorrow.:D

Finally, I appreciate all of the comments and feedback I've read on this board over the past 9 months. Really helped me make the decision to take a test ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
bikes

Baby to weird i have a 690sm picked it up in july 9000 otd. And i have a tri 675 also and it's for sale.

06 tri 675
06 RM 125
07 ktm 690 sm
08 versys

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baby to weird i have a 690sm picked it up in july 9000 otd. And i have a tri 675 also and it's for sale.
edgarr, Tough decision to sell the 675. Gave myself a couple months to be talked out of it, but at the end of the day it was time for it to go. How do you like your KTM in comparison?

·
Registered
401 Posts
UGH .... selling mine with 350 miles (Black) in perfect condition for far less than that ......PM for a final price but at least $700 less than left over prices (i.e the $7700 lo price) .....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UGH .... selling mine with 350 miles (Black) in perfect condition for far less than that ......PM for a final price but at least $700 less than left over prices (i.e the $7700 lo price) .....
Wow, great deal for someone! I couldn't find anything used around here in a month of off-and-on looking and had to call 11 dealerships before I found a leftover.

BTW, did you guys snip the wires that cut power in 2nd and 3rd gear? Any emissions stuff to remove?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was going to do that to mine but decided to purchase the SMC so I won't be doing any mods before sale ....

·
Registered
66 Posts
BTW said:
You don't have to snip. Just unplug the main connector and gently poke the two sub connectors out of the main connector housing. Tape them up so they don't short and your done. All can be put back to stock if needed. It's detailed w/pics on the UK KTM Forum. It takes longer to describe then it does to do. You may also want to try a larger counter shaft sprocket. I went up one tooth. No need to change chain length. Those two small mods wake up the bike. Nothing dramatic but a nice improvment. Haven't messed with the emissions equipment yet. I'm curious to hear how you like the 690sm compared to the 675. Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right on, NM. I've read the description of pushing out the pins and will most likely give it a go. Will probably ride the bike for a couple months before I do anything else to it.

After a 40-minute test ride, I can say this about it in comparison to the 675: I don't feel like I have to be going 110mph all the time on the sm, as I did with the 675. The ride is way way way less harsh, and although the sm feels less focused and sharp, for me it's more of a kick to ride than it is all business. I live amongst a wealth of twisty roads, but with the 675 I couldn't bear to be on a straight section. Even after two years on the bike, just couldn't get all that comfortable in a straight line unless I was blasting. And if I took that bike on some of the rough-surfaced goat paths around here, I got beat up pretty good. I think I'll be able to handle them on the sm without aching wrists and neck. (I'm middle-aged, if you couldn't tell!) Don't get me wrong---I enjoyed the hell out of the 675, but I found it paid only with effort. I'll post again on this once I pick up the bike and put some miles on. Thanks for your idea about the gearing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts