SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I know a lot of folks take tires like Distanzias to the track so hoping there is some corporate knowledge to tap. I have been using Avon Roadriders on my DR650 and have used them for a track day in the past. I would like to start hitting Adams Motorsports Park every couple of months. Obviously fresh rubber is better but I don't want to dismount useable tires either. I normally run 90/90-19 and 120/80-18; if anyone has any advice on alternatives besides Avon I'd appreciate hearing that as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i bought a set of pilot powers last spring and they lasted all summer with two track days on them. i know they would have made it throught about two more.
our track here in reno is 3 1/2 miles long, so it is tough on tires. but they did great.

·
Registered
285 Posts
because street tires don't heatcycle like racing slicks do, you should be able to run them down to the wear indicators with no problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. Obviously I can also monitor how they feel in the mountains and know if they are starting to slip a little. I was curious what other people's experiences were.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts