SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ouch, thats rough. I looped one stoppie like 3 years ago and thats it. OtherwiseI have my brake covered enough that I can always save them. Got realllllly close on a highchair once before I got my handbrake but thats it

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i slammed my old ducati into the back of a cop car on the interstate.... well.. i wasnt on the bike at the time.. i was busy sliding/tumbling next to the cop..... was wearing full gear, didnt get a scratch on me. totalled the bike.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I lost the front taking a corner recently (dark colored dirt on a freshly paved road). Two days after making my axle sliders! I saw my bike spinning towards a parked car but luckily it stopped before hitting it. I picked it up and the only thing wrong was a scraped bark buster!
Much better than the $1800.00 in discounted parts it took to fix my VFR after crashing it!
I just bruised some ribs a bit when I hit the ground.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
never totalled a bike - I have wayyy too much spray paint, duct tape and fiberglass at home to every consider it totaled...

My pops banana'd a rim on a zx-9r though:laughingr

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that was a 04 gsxr! 55 mph dont seem that fast tell you see a 5000 dollar pos fliping threw the air. The other wreck was a 07 drz but it went down faster and harder but just a lil scrape on the side a new healight and taillight and i was out tearin it up a week later.

·
Registered
614 Posts
After throwing the sumo down the street, I can safely say that it was the happiest I've ever been after crashing! I mean come on! NOTHING wrong with the bike!!!!
It would have been at least a grand in damage to a sportbike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Only one time that I took an ambulance ride, but don't remember much of that one cause went into a coma for 3 days.

how many bikes of mine have become total trash from multiple wrecks
(2) street.
the last time I slid a street bike was my 2000 Zx6. I high sided it but my body landed ok bike flipped thou.

Certainly we don't want to crash, but I have learned alot about surviving, what & to do mostly from dirt bike riding.

first: is kill switch when your sliding and you know that their is no hope for any more verticle. (Reason) oil doesn't pump correctly, & it is easyier to restart.

I have had this actualy happen

went down in a turn from oil, I was slidding with the bike prety fast. I could see that buy getting on the horizontal sliding bike that I would be safer. So I do this but the bike tires are close to cautching the leading edge and resulting in High side.
So I watch carefull to keep the bike balenced and before the bike hit the curb I jumped into the air.

Their is alot stories I have had, I want to watch this one and see were it goes. Maybe we will all learn some new safty and survival from this thread.

How about tank slapper's ahhh!
or
side swap, side swap, side swap, high side ahhhh!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Managed to wash out the front end and do a face plant at a T intersection once. Banged myself up pretty good, but nothing broken (I sure thought it was when I stood up!). Riding the bike home with the bars turned left while I was going straight down the road was a bit interesting though. Not being able to close my left hand made shifitng fun too. Nothing broken on the bike either, just twisted the forks in the triple clamp.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
On street, 4 times... lowsides/washed the fronts.... once in my garage on my ZX7.
On dirt.... lets just say thats how I learned "cover the rear brake"... down so many times it ain't funny! And so far always got hurt more on dirt too!

·
Registered
63 Posts
one lowside on the street myself coming out of an s on my old fzr 600, and one minor slide one my first ever new rear tire also on the fzr. ive managed to keep from crashing the drz (i must not be doing it right)

·
Registered
46 Posts
crap, I don't want my longest posts to be on the police chase thread and the crash thread :headshake

I've been in countless lowsides and highsides, but those are nothing if you're geared up. They can even be fun... But I've been smashed by cars on three seperate occasions, I think it warrants a public service announcement-- Pretend that cars are actively trying to hit you.

first time a car merged over me while splitting traffic (california) broke my elbow.

second time a truck turned left in front of me, broke the base of my skull (wore a halo for three months) tore my acl, bruised my lung and rib cage, busted my lip with the front of my helmet

third time was the most painful, as I didn't seem to go into shock soon enough. Some dude in a white truck (white truck last time, also) changed into my lane (on his left) then pretty much turned left over the top of me, smashing and skinning my foot, breaking my ankle, and sending my down the road in tennis shoes (that flew off), burned up my legs, arms, and palms of my hands.

I remember on the gurney being put into the ambulance, trying to block the sun with my skinless palms and them burning. So thats what skin is for. I still can't feel my heel

pics available on request

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
wrecked a cbr600f4.........nevr wrecked the sumo because it handles way better and you reallly have to be goofing bad to wreck

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Many times on dirtbikes in dirt. We have the crappiest loosest white dirt here and its easy to wash the front end out.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts