SuperMoto Junkie banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Yea i checked it and did some testing but nothing solved. Double checked the harness where it bends under the frame/subframe by the fuse box and nothing seemed obvious I still think its the wire harness however sometimes it seems like the ECU might also be the culprit.
It's definitely an uncommon occurrence, but I've heard of a couple of guys having the broken wires in the harness. If you're worried about it being the ecu I'd say bring it to your dealer and have them plug it into their diagnostic equipment. I know in your original post you mentioned that bmw service sucked. I'm guessing your dealer sucks, because while I was in warranty I had so many parts replaced under warranty, enough to make up the cost of the bike :lol: My dealer is awesome and their mechanic has helped me out on the phone a few times when I needed it. I'll be stopping by there soon, I'll ask him if he has any recommendations.

This may sound kind of stupid, but have you checked the operation of, or attempted to bypass your clutch and sidestand switch? I know with the f650's sidestand switches where a massive problem, and I've had mine give me grief once or twice. I have both of mine bypassed "just in case"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well May is almost here, and the warranty on my xmoto is about to run out. I've got under 9k miles and It's already been in for a few abs problems, failed fuel level sensor, faulty O2 sensor, busted rear shock, and now my water pump gasket leaks. Unfortunately BMW does not offer an extended warranty for this bike, and we all know after market warranties are more useless than a football bat. So I'm wondering what kind of problems any of you have had, or are having and how many miles you've got stacked up on your g650. Trying to decide if I want to keep it and personally finance any possible repairs, or move on to something with a warranty. 👍
Just hit 10k miles on my 07. Sat for about 5 years before I bought it from a friend who had only 3500 miles on it. Rode it cross country...on my XCountry...hahaha!

At any rate,I currently have all the symptoms you’ve mentioned, including bad brake discs (warped in the first 2k miles). Brake lights don’t work either and had to replace the fuel pump. Aprilia was contracted to make them. Apparently the same model as the Pegaso.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts