SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many miles are on your 690 SMC and how long have you had it?

just wondering if anybody else is as obsessed as i am. i have just under 1300 miles on her and have only had the bike for 16 days.

there has only been one day since i got it that i have not riden it to work(woke up to a thunderstorm), and only one day where i didn't go for a ride just for the hell of it after work(rode home in a thunderstorm).

i am definitely turning into a supermoto junkie!

oh also while we are talking about mileage, how are everyones tires holding up? my rear is just starting to show wear, and i expect another 1000 - 1500 miles out of the set easily.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I pick up mine next week..

Unfortunately I need a couple more weeks to heal a broken collarbone. But, I seem to have no end of buddies offering to help break it in!

·
Registered
275 Posts
320 miles....Loving every min. It rains just about every day, so I try to blast around the rain clouds. Bike is performing like a champ :thumbup: will lift the front in 2nd and 3rd without the wire mod :clap:

No more chicken strips on the tires...Found a newly developed subdivision with no homes as of yet...Like a small sumo track lots of turns and a few round abouts. This bike is a BLAST!!
:arsenal

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
320 miles....Loving every min. It rains just about every day, so I try to blast around the rain clouds. Bike is performing like a champ :thumbup: will lift the front in 2nd and 3rd without the wire mod :clap:

No more chicken strips on the tires...Found a newly developed subdivision with no homes as of yet...Like a small sumo track lots of turns and a few round abouts. This bike is a BLAST!!
:arsenal
you must be a little crazier then me. i have about 1/16th of an inch on the left side of my rear and about 1/8 of an inch on the right side of my rear that is still unused. i am trying like hell to get to the edge but i just can't. i take corners crazy fast but i guess i just lean or hang of to the inside more than i really need to.

i have only had one weekend right after i got the bike where the outside temps were really hot though. maybe once we get some more days in the mid to high 80's when the roads are really hot i'll have the confidence to push it more.

it's still fun as hell though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not completely gone...but close. Temps down here in Cajun land are around 92 degrees with lots of humidity!
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/primo74/SMC005.jpg
[IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/primo74/SMC004.jpg
Front....
:laughingr

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice work! how did you get the front so scrubbed in? what kind of tire pressure are you running in the front and back?

i need some days in the high 80's where you can see the heat rising off of the road. then i'll feel a bit more confident. :) the highs have been in the low to mid 70's lately.

·
Registered
275 Posts
nice work! how did you get the front so scrubbed in? what kind of tire pressure are you running in the front and back?

i need some days in the high 80's where you can see the heat rising off of the road. then i'll feel a bit more confident. :) the highs have been in the low to mid 70's lately.

Running 30-psi front and back. Roads down here in Louisiana are nice and hot. Find you a really nice parking lot (good concrete) and take your time doing figure eights at slow speeds. Once you build up your confidence you will be able to speed up and really lean. :bike:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Running 30-psi front and back. Roads down here in Louisiana are nice and hot. Find you a really nice parking lot (good concrete) and take your time doing figure eights at slow speeds. Once you build up your confidence you will be able to speed up and really lean. :bike:
nice. i have the tires at around 28 each. i guess i just need to get a little crazier when a hot day comes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
40 miles and it's been on a race stand for about 2 weeks.

:(

Suspension should be here Monday.

:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
200 miles on the smc...hoping to put a lot more tomorrow!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts