SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I have just bought a Husqvarna SM510R and I have a simple question:
How many houers can i run before I have to change the piston?
This is a street bike.

Best regardes from a newbie in the supermoto community :D
PS sorry for my bad english I am from Norway :p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Keep fresh oil in it and a clean and oiled air filter and you should expect 200-300 hours or more out of it.
And regular valve checks every 50? hours.

A freind has 13,000 miles on his 2010 SM510 with no issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep fresh oil in it and a clean and oiled air filter and you should expect 200-300 hours or more out of it.
And regular valve checks every 50? hours.

A freind has 13,000 miles on his 2010 SM510 with no issues.
OKI :D the curent piston has 170 houers so im good this season. maybe i will change it in the winter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hah, I was told by a KTM expert that I'd need a top end after 100 hours of road use for my 500exc. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. I had a valve inspection done at 80 hours and the engine was near perfect. Then again I treat my 500 like a princess, excessive oil and filter changes etc.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
This is copied in some italian Husqvarna facebook group, that was some Husky mechanic
-What AND 'THE MAINTENANCE HUSQVARNA SMR 450-510 FOR ROAD? (Intended as a max 3 outputs on track annual)
-Oil and oil filter every 1,000 km (15h)
-Valves check every 5 000 km (60h)
-Piston between 12 000 km and 18 000 km
(dependent on usage, I generally recommend to hole engine built up in 15 000 km if not used for peaceful road use)(approximately 150 hours)
-Piston rod, distribution chain, timing chain skate, bearings in transmission between 18 000 and 20 000 km
(I highly recommend you to make this work when you replace the piston) (200h approx)
But it dipends you oil change gap, air filter condition, , your driving style etc,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is copied in some italian Husqvarna facebook group, that was some Husky mechanic

But it dipends you oil change gap, air filter condition, , your driving style etc,
tnx :D that help a lot :D

the piston only had 70hour and not 170 :D so I am good for a now. the bike only hav 7k km on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts