SuperMoto Junkie banner

How do you store your new tires?

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Hathaway 
#1 ·
I found some deals for new tires so I bought two pairs :D

But the problem is I don't know how to store them properly so they won't degrade, they are all very new, produced this year except one produced week 23 of 2010.

Wrap them in plastic bags so they won't get affected by ozone? Store them lying down or standing up?

I don't have a basement so maybe I'll let them in the corner of my room, do they release toxic air?

#2 ·
I usually store them in a tub of pepto bismol. Pepto coats the tires in this slightly base coating that doesn't allow the "elements" to get to them. Works really well but I find it quite expensive but that is something I was willing to deal with.

#7 ·
You'll never know.......... :bannana:

#8 ·
I throw them in a big black trash bag and lay them down on the floor somewhere. The bag keeps the light and UV out. Supposedly the rubber can off-gas, but sealed in a bag it shouldn't do that.

That being said, most warehouses probably store them on a rack in the air for a long time.

#9 ·
i keep mine stacked up in my crawlspace. stays warm down there and there is no sunlight

#10 ·
Closet but when the door is opened you are punched in the face with the smell of rubber.

"Brian I'm not going to lie that smells like pure gasoline. Burns the nostrils."

#11 ·
^^^^I love the smell of new race slicks.:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Garbage bag them, and put them in a cool dry place.:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.