SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think thats what its called, when you still have dirtbike rims (21" in the front, 17" on the back) and put street tires on them

I am not ready to get the SM tire package yet as I am still working on everything else on the bike, but I would like to get the street tire feel.

so what do you guys think? would it look dumb? Does anyone here ride like this?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Its actually referred to as sportsman. It is a lot cheaper to go that route but it wont handle like a bike with 17's. If you are unsure if you want to do it then it might be worth a shot but if you are sure you want a supermoto the just fork out the cash and do it!!!! I think that maxxis makes tires in those sizes, you may want to check out their lineup, they come in both street legal versions or non DOT race versions (basically different compounds from what i understand).

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Yeah, get the street tires that fit your bike and tear it up man! A cheap way to feel it out, and you'll be surprised how good they can handle like that.

SMR 510RR is right though...it'll hook ya and you'll want the full package. :lol:

And rule #1 when entering the SuperMoto lifestyle is;

You don't give a shit what other people think and get outta my freakin' way ya homo... :arsenal

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
And rule #1 when entering the SuperMoto lifestyle is;

You don't give a shit what other people think and get outta my freakin' way ya homo... :arsenal
I thought rule #1 was "[email protected](k how much it costs - you don't want it, YOU NEED IT!" (Just like I need another hole in the head!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts