SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im short, 5 7; cant flat foot. Your feet dont need to touch the ground when your moving!

·
Registered
725 Posts
i am 5'5" and i had my bike lowered internally , to go along w the factory shortened travel. You want to touch the ground to make a start, or stop on a city street. Ignore the BS, if it's on the street you will need to touch down..... call Jimmy wood at southland suspension. he does flat track - jake johnson ama effort, supercross and everything else. mine handles so much better, way lower CG, You don't need all the 13" suspension travel or height for a Supermoto track.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am 5'6".

I slid the forks up through the clamps as much as i could. Be careful because later models can get headshake. Doing this helped me get used to the height. If you need more then i would shave the seat down and wear good mx boots. I am comfortable enough now after a year to ride my friends drz400s with knobbies and a suzuki tall sest. Lay the bike over and touch a toe to the ground. Practice standing at stops and balancing the bike at very low speed. Doing this i put my foot down 1/5 stops only looong red lights.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I lowered my WR almost 3 inches - - having to stand wobbling tippy toe is not what I wanted -
bike now handles exactly the same as before I lowered it - Sweet -

Lowering is accomplished by installing spacers inside the suspension -
not hard to do but requires the shock and forks be completely disassembled - no machining needed -
you can purchase lowering spacers from Racetech and install yourself or have them do it -
Several tuners /companies lower bikes -

Kick stand will have to be shortened same amount also -

·
Registered
725 Posts
lower

koba links change the rising rate of the shock. it can be done w out a different link..... and the link only changes it 1 to 1.5 depending on which link you buy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
+1 on the lowering link. I did the 1.5" link on mine, and it feels much better. 1.5" is more than you realize. I lowered the fork tubes in the triples as much as possible too-

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know this is an old post. If your interested, I have my lowering link for sale in the "Bike Parts" section. It is listed in my add for 2009-2010 Husky SMR450 titanium pipes and other aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Old post but I lowered my TE511 to SMR size, then took 1" out of it and now im dragging pegs so hard at the track it is scary....

Dont lower it, just cut the shit out of the seat...even ride with no seat and a piece of foam if you have to. :D

I am 5' 6" with short inseam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts