SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The xr400r quit being sold in the US in (whatever year) and didnt give us an update on the plastics but somewhere else honda did. and the tank is AMAZING and i want it but ive tried findong places to get it from but i cant find it. you would think someone would have it but idk maybe the bike is only sold in china? anways here is a picture of the bike and if ANY of you have any info please give cause my xr would certainly be a one of a kind in the US with this. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I would start in Russia...thats not Chinese print on the watermarks or the side of the building in pic 2. Its says "household goods" in russian.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The aloop kit (in my opinion) looks like shit. I wouldn't have a problem paying that much cause it would deffinately be unique. thanks though I will try to get a number. Any sites you can think of?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just looks like a crf scoop bolted to the standard tank to me......
It basically is, but the tank in the pictures is metal and has recesses in the tank for the shrouds.

Another thing to try would be the crf 150/230 tank, they should fit with a bit of persuasion, but you'll have to mod the seat too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm planning on doing a full crf250 plastic conversion minus the tank(since the crf tank is for a twin spar frame) so I'm planning on modding the seat anyway

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm planning on doing a full crf250 plastic conversion minus the tank(since the crf tank is for a twin spar frame) so I'm planning on modding the seat anyway
Well I'd check out Google, I remember reading a thread over at TT a while ago about someone trying to fit a crf 150/230 tank onto an xr and it was something as simple as longer bolts or some gently massaging of the tank for it to fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet! Thanks Dave I'll deffinatly do some research. I'm pretty determined to get this done. I just can't have a bike without radiator shrouds. Idk why! Just my personality I guess.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sweet! Thanks Dave I'll deffinatly do some research. I'm pretty determined to get this done. I just can't have a bike without radiator shrouds. Idk why! Just my personality I guess.
I agree. I think my xr would look great with shrouds and a flatter seat but I don't wanna drop 500 clams on an aloop kit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The aloop shrouds dip way too low at the front/tip. My opinion, but it's the lowest tip of a shroud I've ever seen. And I hear their quality sucks ass as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts