SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody liking the hybrid ARAI or SHOEI dual sport supermoto helmets?
I just got a 2nd one (medium) with a smoke shield, the first (large) was too big.

To size them up, the "medium Hornet DS" fits like my large ICON Domain 1 and 2 sportbike helmets,
which are popular at any popular bike dealer to try on.
My large is for sale:hmmm:

I used it for a 1/2 week til' my medium came in!
Im in Ohio and will ship.
Check the classifieds here at supermotojunky.
They kick ass in the rain too...:thumbup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I run the same bike and the same helmet. Love the DS. Great helmet for someone to pick up. Where in Ohio are you. Thinking we need to get a WR250X meet and ride up somewhere.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what the Shoei Hornet DS looks like with the light smoke visor. :thumbup:

...remember, I've still got an almost new one (3 riding hours) "for sale" in Large and black w/ a clear shield.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the matte black version , such a nice helmet, love it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is what the Shoei Hornet DS looks like with the light smoke visor. :thumbup:

...remember, I've still got an almost new one (3 riding hours) "for sale" in Large and black w/ a clear shield.
Does the Hornet DS shield come tinted from the factory? How you have to tint/replace the shield youreself?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not trying to hi-jack the thread but I am just north of Columbus and would love to have a 250X meet and ride. We would need to go east for the good roads though. I am looking at getting one of these helmets but it sounds like the size is somewhat different. I use an HJC King Mingus size large right now but want something more like my dirtbike helmet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do these helmets run different in size. I am thinking of getting one. I run a large in almost every helmet I have Fox Nofear oneal thor. I also live in ohio north of cinci.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do these helmets run different in size. I am thinking of getting one. I run a large in almost every helmet I have Fox Nofear oneal thor.
I use a large for Icon Domain 2 #13, and Icon Domain Decay

Shoei's medium fits like the large from Icon. (and Shoei's is softer inside, easier to break in).

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's definitely a sweet helmet. I have yet to try one on, but if my local dealer down here happens to run a special on them I'll stop in and test fit one. If all's good, I may go home with a new bucket!

I am looking at getting one of these helmets but it sounds like the size is somewhat different. I use an HJC King Mingus size large right now but want something more like my dirtbike helmet.
You could probably try one on at Iron Pony on the northeast side of Columbus (if they have them in stock).

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but I am just north of Columbus and would love to have a 250X meet and ride. We would need to go east for the good roads though.
As for riding, y'all should head down to south eastern Ohio and hit the Hocking Hills (664). Then shoot east over 56 to 93S then to 324 to 160 towards Gallipolis. I've done that route in a car countless times and have never had the opportunity to do it on two wheels. I could only imagine it would be a BLAST! Get a small taste of the foothills of Appalachia! :bike:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts