SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 HONDA CRF450R STREET LEGAL SUPERMOTO and DIRTBIKE all in one!

This bike is ready to go and can be used as a Street legal Supermoto or Dirtbike (Green sticker!) That you can ride ANYWHERE year-round! Being that it is a Honda, you can expect speed and reliability as its strong points!
This bike comes with:

17" front and rear Black Excel supermotard wheels and tires (with sprockets for street gearing)

EBC oversized supermoto front brake rotor

21" front and 18" rear off road wheels and tires (with off road gearing) included

Race tech suspension valving

Heated grips!

GPR steering damper

Cycra hand guards

Head light, led turn signals and brake light (aftermarket)

supermoto front fender

extra air filters

oversized gas tank (natural color)

polished frame

skid plate

carbon fiber goodies

pro-taper bars

PMB exhaust endcap

The Motor:
Stainless steel Kibblewhite valves
Baja designs wide ratio transmission (Like the X model)
Baja designs auxiliary oil tank (more oil capacity)
about 10 hours on new piston
valve adjustment recently done
and more!

This bike is owned by a professional motorcycle mechanic that used to be a service manager at a Honda Dealership. Very well taken care of, never raced. I am not an idiot, I will not accept third party checks or ship this bike to nigeria so don’t ask. $5500 Please give me a call if you need any other info. 510-585-7880 or email me at Bciraolo “at” sbcglobal.net

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just curious since I really don't know anything about CRFs. Do CRF require more maintenance than your average SM? (Comparing to a DRZ).

I commute daily. 25 miles each way and some fun on the weekends.

Would I be correct to assume that this bike is not commuter friendly?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Just curious since I really don't know anything about CRFs. Do CRF require more maintenance than your average SM? (Comparing to a DRZ).

I commute daily. 25 miles each way and some fun on the weekends.

Would I be correct to assume that this bike is not commuter friendly?
This is not a commuter friendly bike. A DRZ is best for that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bike has a wide ratio tranny and an oil tank for more oil capacity. This would be a good commuter bike, but probably would require more frequent valve adjustments and oil changes. The DRZ (400 street version) has a slower motor (heavier internals i.e stator/rotor/flywheel) that doesnt rev as fast, that is one reason that they should have less maintenance intervals. Yes 510 area code, specifically Fremont, CA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts