SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. ive never posted here before but here goes. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SUPERMOTO's.full faired sports bikes just dont do it for me. i had a race tunned aprilia mx50 as my first road legal bike. 100cc polini race engine. all other race parts as well. i am not a boy racer or anything just always wanted a bigger bike to be safer on the roads knowing i had a bit extra acceleration in case of an emergency. i have stayed on it as it is now quicker than my mates 125 supermoto. i have riden 250 crossers like a kawasaki kx250 but i feel now is the time to get hold of a crf450 or yzf450. i dont mind buying one standard as for now i would only get a decent exhaust and some excel wheels but if one does come up at the right price already converted i will get one.

im just stuck on wether to get the crf or the yzf, both look the nuts but obviously ive never riden anything bigger than a 250. so which ones is the better one of the 2.

Thanks very much

Richard

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you want to have a bike just for fun and some racing or for street more. If you want a bike for more street consider the Wr450 here is a tread that will help http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=60405 this will give you some anwsers. .
As for a play bike I have always liked the Cr. Good power and handeling but short gearing for the street. My Cr450 kicked ass on dirt but I would have found it to short geared for street but good for SM track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts