SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's crazy for 2 grand u could ship Ryan your bike get him to make a extra custom sub:bannana: and still have a shit load of money left:hmmm:
dunno bout that :X
thinking of fabbing up a lil hoop and bolting it to my sub for now and using it carefully.

hey ryan, how much did you sell your stunt subframes for?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
dunno bout that :X
thinking of fabbing up a lil hoop and bolting it to my sub for now and using it carefully.

hey ryan, how much did you sell your stunt subframes for?

The last custom subframe I did was 600 with billet stunt pegs and mounts. I wish they werent all different. just to cover full size Honda from 2000 up, I would have to make over 20 different subframes, which I don't have the time or man power to even attempt. Each one has 50 parts to machine. I can't hire anyone to help do it because I would have to spend about 10K to setup to reproduce each one with all the fixturing, only to sell 1 or 2 a year. So I stick to building one offs in the shop, directly on the bike, nights and weekends, in between loading the cnc machines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if i lived anywhere in california, i would probably take my 450 to ryan to have him make my subframe...
but alas, i'm stuck here in new mexico. oh well, i finally have everything (i think) i need to make my subframe, and have it all drawn out. starting on the actual fab tomorrow (foot hoop included of course!)... using nothing but a drill press, a chop saw, a mig, and various grinders... should be interesting. i'll post pics in about a month (haha. hopefully before the 28th of this month though) when it's done.

·
Registered
69 Posts
if i lived in cali near ryan i'd work for him and double his production. but alas, i'm stuck here in the east coast with no means of fabbing up awesome sm stunt parts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ryan,

just a thought...... if i totally killed it on my 450, like if i were to separate myself from the rest... would you make me a custom subframe for my crf450r?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is that a serious question:headscrat :laughingr

·
Registered
69 Posts
in fact.... if i sucked balls at stunting, but still wanted a subframe.... would you build me one? :x

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm sure he'd do it but you just have to get the bike or old subframe to him, like he said most year subframes are different

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im sure he would too. Right now im trying to think of a way to mount a hoop. And im looking for material to make one with. Ill post pics when this project gets going.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
ryan,

just a thought...... if i totally killed it on my 450, like if i were to separate myself from the rest... would you make me a custom subframe for my crf450r?
I cant build anything custom over the internet, gotta have the bike to build cool shit! How come all the sumo street riders are on the east coast, i'm totally in the wrong state!

·
Registered
343 Posts
NY is were its at! so many supermoto riders out there, cali is all about lame ass sport bikes with roll cages bolted to them.
Yet there's not one person out here making any custom subframes or bars :rant:
I was honestly thinking about gettin a ape and getting that subframe with the hoop on it for the svx :hmmm:

·
Registered
69 Posts
NY is were its at! so many supermoto riders out there, cali is all about lame ass sport bikes with roll cages bolted to them.
There are a bunch of stunted sport bikes here too. But i have noticed a growing interest in stunting sumos, and everyone is getting minis and killin it all over, especially here on long island.
Parts availability is why supermoto freestyle isnt as big as sportbike freestyle imo.
Anyone can get a sportbike and find every stunt part they need, in many cases you have selections to choose from. Have fun picking up a ktm and finding a dual caliper bracket for that bike.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
There are a bunch of stunted sport bikes here too. But i have noticed a growing interest in stunting sumos, and everyone is getting minis and killin it all over, especially here on long island.
Parts availability is why supermoto freestyle isnt as big as sportbike freestyle imo.
Anyone can get a sportbike and find every stunt part they need, in many cases you have selections to choose from. Have fun picking up a ktm and finding a dual caliper bracket for that bike.
thats true, but sportbikes are lame. dirt bikes are the shit! The problem is that every subframe is different. to cover the hondas from 2000 up, just for 250 and 450, i would have to make 20+ different subframes. I don't even have space to store just one of each, let alone all the fixutres to make one. and that is just one manufacture. its a total bummer. I am trying to figure out something more universal that can bolt to the stock sub, but just can't figure it out cuz the motocross subs end at the back of the seat, and I am slammed up running 3 cnc machines, and shipping boxes all day. If you could swing your bike over here I could have it done in a couple days if I wasn't runnin the machines non stop. damn, I wish I had like 4 clones so I could get all this stuff built!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
thats true, but sportbikes are lame. dirt bikes are the shit! The problem is that every subframe is different. to cover the hondas from 2000 up, just for 250 and 450, i would have to make 20+ different subframes. I don't even have space to store just one of each, let alone all the fixutres to make one. and that is just one manufacture. its a total bummer. I am trying to figure out something more universal that can bolt to the stock sub, but just can't figure it out cuz the motocross subs end at the back of the seat, and I am slammed up running 3 cnc machines, and shipping boxes all day. If you could swing your bike over here I could have it done in a couple days if I wasn't runnin the machines non stop. damn, I wish I had like 4 clones so I could get all this stuff built!!
Lol, it is a demanding task to build all those parts. Hopefully you'll be able to expand your operation in the future. Stunting is growing more and more each year. And thanks to you, people can buy a mini, stunt it out and learn tricks to get ready for bigger bikes. It only goes up from here.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts