SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to start this project soon. I acquired an r1 undertail exhaust. I am only going to use the right side can , and try to fabricate it up to the stock cans position. I figure it should not be overly loud being as how its made for 1/2 the 1000cc bike. Its made of titanium so its light. Down the road I want to get the drz E head pipe on there as well , But hey I figure it will make a nice inexpensive light exhaust. I will keep you posted on the progress.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
make sure you take progress pics and how to instructions. I'm intrested to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1 Bike finished

2 close up of the exhaust

3 checking the fit

4 close up of trying to make it work

5 more closeup

6 mid pipe we had to fabricate up

Runs great- not too loud. lwt since it is Titanium. Also did the 3x3 and rejetted using the JD kit. Runs great - not overly loud- probably on par with other aftermarket exhausts- all done for a tad over $100 - includng jet kit.
Downside = the exhaust sits too close to the right rear turn signal and its going to burn - so now i am looking up a new tail light setup .
_also i was able to retain the stock r1 heat shield on the exhaust - stays very cool.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

tail shot - notice exhaust direct hit on the signal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts