SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
wouldn't be the first time michelin had some production problems with their tyres. I remember them recalling a whole bunch of pilot power tyres a couple years ago.

wouldn't panick just yet though. first his rear melts and then his front blows out, need a lot of bad luck to have that happen to the same person and if there were production problems he can't be the only guy having these issues. it might be an isolated incident. plus he already had those tyres on there for 10000 miles if I read it right, commuting a lot on the interstate at much higher rates of speed (read through the whole thread and noticed the guy mentioned he's anal about tyre pressure because he had a bad "experience" commuting his mustang GT at +130 mph and running too low pressures in his tyres...). 10000 miles is quite a while so a lot can happen in that time, I would expect production defects to pop up a lot sooner.

·
Registered
167 Posts
A friend of mine uses a GSX-R 750 for track days, and tried a set of the commercial PowerOnes. They share the same lightweight carcass that the PowerPures and the Pilot Road 3's have. He roasted a set of tires in one day. He never had that happen with Pilot Power 2CT's, or the race-spec PowerOnes that he is currently using. It all has to do with the light carcass and the air pressures being used. A light carcass is going to heat up really quickly, especially if the tire pressures are lower. Add higher ambient temperatures and you're going to run into problems quickly. Moreover, the Pilot Road 3's are aimed at people who ride in cool, wet climes. Personally, I like a tire that has some substance to it's makeup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts