SuperMoto Junkie banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cool bike Duke660 :thumbup:

There are quite a few 660 owners on the ktmforum.co.uk who may be able to help. Owners who have had their bikes on a dyno claim 62-65bhp and around 48-50 ft-lbs of torque.

There are these specs too but I'm not sure if they are correct, comparison of the 660 and 625:

660:
Displacement: 654.00 ccm (39.91 cubic inches)
Torque: 43.00 Nm (4.4 kgf-m or 31.7 ft.lbs) @ 4000 RPM
Compression: 11.5:1
Bore x stroke: 102.0 x 80.0 mm (4.0 x 3.1 inches)

625:
Displacement: 625.00 ccm (38.14 cubic inches)
Torque: 41.00 Nm (4.2 kgf-m or 30.2 ft.lbs) @ 3250 RPM
Compression: 11.7:1
Bore x stroke: 101.0 x 78.0 mm (4.0 x 3.1 inches)

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for the info.
last time I had the bike on a dyno was back in South Africa ( 2004) and then it was at altitude which robs you a few horses, but even then we saw 61hp.
I'd guess we now around the 65hp at sea level, with the Sibring pipes and slide carby making the huge difference.

cheers
Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there any info out there on which models shared the same frames?
I am looking specifically for the Duke I's but there may be some others out there looking for the same on their rides.
Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
hey

hey guys i read up there where this thread started
that the parts of the 625 smc fit on the 03-06 duke
what year 625smc parts fit??

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
I haven't been back to supermoto junkie since I wrote this thread in a while...... after doing all the above research, I did indeed buy a bunch of KTM parts (larger tank, gel seat, etc...) and make my 625 SMC into a pretty sweet bike.

The bike ended up with a larger tank from a European LC4 Dualsport, and a Gel set direct from KTM which DID work with the seat latch......(see below for the part number from KTM or Munn) I also had black plastics from Race Styles, Germany --- and custom made (by myself) graphics that I had a company print up for me.

So, anyway --- thought I'd post up some pics of the final creation......

Here's the before shot....

and after....

I was able to find a nice set of KTM LC4 handle bar risers right out of the KTM hardparts catalog.... also notice the 11L fuel cap & key --- that I purchased directly from the KTM hardparts catalog also....

The LC4 rear rack also fit perfectly on the 625 SMC.

The design idea was based off of the European KTM 640 supermoto Prestige..... I never got around to figuring out a way to buy the European 640 supermoto headlight. (which wasn't an EXC headlight BTW)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Ah bonus..... I had saved this screen captured image from back in the day.... it was still in my photobucket account. Here's the holy grain part number for the GEL ERGO set that works with the 625 SMC seat latch and 11L/18L larger gas tanks..... Don't get fooled.... there are several other ERGO seats --- but others don't work with the latch and will screw from underneath instead. (which I think will work on the '04 SMC's)

In the above photos of my bike.....I took the seat strap off --- its removable via. 2 screws from underneath.

For the price.....this is one bad-ass seat. $120-130 bucks for a Sargent style seat? hell yeah! It was VERY nice and I could easily do 200-300 mile days on it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I just found some more information too.....

The company that did the graphics was RIDE industries in Canada.... From a previous SMJ member, they already had the LC4 side panel templates.... I sent them mock ups of what I wanted, and their artists did an amazing job designing a finished product. In the end, the templates weren't perfect.....but they were pretty darn close. (I had to do a little bit of cutting with a ruler and a razor blade to get it perfect) The graphics were printed in a think MIL to withstand supermoto crashes....

This was my target photo....

This was my mock up photo that I made on photo-shop...

....and this is what they sent me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
replace 2004 LC4 SMC subframe

Great great thread!!! I have been pouring over the web trying to find info on what subframe I might be able to swap out on my 2004 625 SMC to replace the tail section.
I read all the fabrication threads and wanted to see what might just bolt straight on. I like the look of the 2005 but know it is set up for dual exhaust. Anyone have info on this?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!:headscrat:

·
Registered
112 Posts
SMC 625 sounds like the best choice

This thread makes the KTM SMC 625 seem like one of the best, so I went ahead and bought one.
2005 SMC 625, just got it registered today (2/15/12) and can't wait for the weekend to take it out on the twisties.
Any experts on the LC4 in here? would love to tune it up the right way from the beginning instead of trial and error.

Thanks,

CN:thumbup:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
.....take the lid off the airbox, de-snorkle it.......install the JD Jetting Jet kit per their instructions..... and ride the crap out of it.

I personally only saw minimal gains from installing aftermarket cans --- the Akrapovic headers were around $1,000 and not worth the money to me. From there, you pretty much have dig into the engine for more power. (crower cams, Cometic thinner base gasket, cylinder porting/cleaning)

With the SMC ---- its not a modders paradise...... the bike is what it is....buy it, and ride it.

Other than that......buy a service manual, keep good oil it in, and check the valves a couple times a year (I checked them every other oil change, and was extra conservative by dumping the oil every 1,500 miles)

At around 15,000 miles...... you may need to pull the valve cover to make sure your OEM cam and cam rollers are still in good shape. Many of the SMC's has cam roller issues.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the seat information. I would like to buy one. Do I have to buy a new tank to make it work? If so, can you give me more information on buying a tank so that I can get this seat? Thank you.

Ah bonus..... I had saved this screen captured image from back in the day.... it was still in my photobucket account. Here's the holy grain part number for the GEL ERGO set that works with the 625 SMC seat latch and 11L/18L larger gas tanks..... Don't get fooled.... there are several other ERGO seats --- but others don't work with the latch and will screw from underneath instead. (which I think will work on the '04 SMC's)

In the above photos of my bike.....I took the seat strap off --- its removable via. 2 screws from underneath.

For the price.....this is one bad-ass seat. $120-130 bucks for a Sargent style seat? hell yeah! It was VERY nice and I could easily do 200-300 mile days on it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Tank info

The tank pictured above....is the huge 18l tank......don't forget, there's one in between from the 640 and Duke II that will also work with the ERGO seat. Mine was the 11l off a DualSport 640. Doesnt matter what bike you get it from......they'll all the same tanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just wanted to mention, I recently saw a 450 SMC, and it was the smallest bike I've ever seen... it looks smaller than the photos I've seen... maybe the owner had the suspension lowered front and rear...

It just seemed so tiny, it was shorter than my KLX250SF I had.

It felt so light though compared to my DRZ Haha. And that Magura clutch... man I want that on my DRZ.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The tank pictured above....is the huge 18l tank......don't forget, there's one in between from the 640 and Duke II that will also work with the ERGO seat. Mine was the 11l off a DualSport 640. Doesnt matter what bike you get it from......they'll all the same tanks.
Where did you actually get it, the tank? What is the part number? Also, do you know the PN for the 11L tank? I don't want the monster.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts