SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Duke R:
Duke 690 R
For KTM, the range of single cylinder LC4s represent tradition, legend and future and well as performance, rideability and the smooth, quiet, harmonious running of the engine. When KTM introduced this motor concept in 2007, it elevated single cylinder enjoyment to a level that to date has not been surpassed. With the presentation of the Duke 690 in 2008 KTM caused another sensation among the worldwide community of Duke fans. But KTM wouldn’t be KTM when the ambitious developer wasn’t set on constant improvement and innovation. Now 70 full-blooded hp packed into a vehicle weight of just 148 kg lend the Duke 690 R unrivalled panache. Highest quality components and the unique optics are also typical KTM. As well as the highly potent motor, the 690R also features the orange frame specially reserved for the R models. Carbon mudguards, an extremely sophisticated fork and the new orange rear damper spring are among the outstanding features of the Duke R. Other improvements include an extended maintenance interval and ensure that this very hot street bike will continue to have no serious rivals.

The Duke R is the first 690 who is actually a 690 cubic engine. This is done with a giving it a longer stroke, Sorry if my english isnt good enough. It has 70 Hp from factory. Carbon front fender takes off 300g from the front wheel.

ENGINE TYPE
Single cylinder, 4-stroke

DISPLACEMENT
690 cc

BORE/STROKE
102/84.5 mm

POWER
51.5 kW @ 7500 rpm

TORQUE
70 Nm @ 5500 rpm

COMPRESSION RATIO
12.5:1

STARTER/BATTERY
Electric starter/12V 8.6Ah

TRANSMISSION
6 gears

FUEL SYSTEM
Keihin EFI with EPT (Electr. Power Throttle)

CONTROL
4 V/OHC with roller rocker levers

LUBRICATION
Pressure lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps

ENGINE OIL
Motorex, SAE 10W-60

PRIMARY DRIVE
36:79

FINAL DRIVE
16:40

COOLING
Liquid cooling

CLUTCH
APTCTM slipper clutch, hydraulically operated

ENGINE MANAGEMENT/IGNITION
Keihin EMS

CHASSIS

FRAME
Chromium-Molybdenum trellis frame, powder coated

SUBFRAME
Aluminium

HANDLEBAR
Aluminium, tapered, Ø 28/22 mm

FRONT SUSPENSION
WP-USD Ø 48 mm

REAR SUSPENSION
WP-Monoshock with Pro-Lever linkage

SUSPENSION TRAVEL FRONT/REAR
140/140 mm

FRONT BRAKE
Brembo four piston, radially bolted caliper,

brake disc Ø 320 mm

REAR BRAKE
Brembo single piston, floating caliper,

brake disc Ø 240 mm

WHEELS FRONT/REAR
Cast aluminium wheels 3.50 x 17"; 5.00 x 17"

TYRES FRONT/REAR
120/70 R 17; 160/60 R 17

CHAIN
X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"

SILENCER
Stainless steel underfloor silencer with regulated catalytic converter

STEERING HEAD ANGLE
63.5°

TRAIL
115 mm

WHEEL BASE
1,472 ± 15 mm

GROUND CLEARANCE
155 mm

SEAT HEIGHT
865 mm

TANK CAPACITY
approx. 13.5 litres/2.5 litres reserve

WEIGHT (READY TO RACE)
approx. 148.5 kg (without fuel)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the info --- I've taken a few key points and highlighted them above.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
2004 KTM 450/525 SMC TEXT added..... still digging for pics and better info

KTM 690 SM-R..... PIC added.....still researching more info on the bike

·
Registered
51 Posts
This whole thread is saving me hundreds of stupid questions I'd otherwise be asking everyone on here. :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
ive got a 2000 lc4 supermoto bought new in early june 2000 wp usd forks mikuni bst, behr rims silver and black with over 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Have any good pics? It would be worthy of sticky KTM bliss...... I'll post it up w/ some of your info. PM me with the info --- and I'll update the thread.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 2004 525 SMC is not much like a SMR but a SX. SX frame, swing arm etc. I was told that of the showroom floor it was a 4 spd but that most were upgraded to 6 spd post sale.

here is mine with the 3.1 gallon tank and akrapovic exhaust.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
wow --- it sure does have longer travel suspension than the SMR!

Thanks for posting that up. Best pic I've seen yet. LOL --- Google will probably now hit this thread with your pic.

·
Registered
265 Posts
In post #5 you say the 660 SMC comes with the BST40 carb, but it comes with an FCR41, same as the 625 SMC.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for the info on the 660 SMC. Was waiting for a 'local' to chime in on that one.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
man.... I've got a TON of info to update to this. I really want to include a history of all the SMR models.... not to mention add the SuperDukes and the new 990 & SM-T.

Unfortunately, I can no longer edit the original content. Have been e-mailing Moderators to get back my editing wrights.

------ um.... Van Den Bosch? Post up a pic..... I'll then dig some more....

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
um.... Van Den Bosch? Post up a pic..... I'll then dig some more....
I've heard 70+ hp, light weight, kick start only, carbon fiber tank & fenders. Looks like the actual name is "KTM 660 Supermoto Factory Replica" and it is sofa king sweet!! :thumbup:

Some info in a post here:
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=36450

Picture from SMR Magazine, says it was a 2002 model:
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showpost.php?p=814933&postcount=30
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showpost.php?p=815448&postcount=33

-B

·
Registered
265 Posts
They are not replicas, they are actual KTM factory race bikes. You could order them through KTM dealers but they never came road legal, but it's easy to make them legal to ride on the road in Europe.

Here is a link to a thread on a UK KTM forum with lots of pics, these bikes have all the best parts, the whole subframe is carbon fibre. They weigh about 110kg and I have heard people claiming as much as 80bhp! But most people say they are around 70.

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/showthread.php?8665-KTM-660-FACTORY-a-work-in-progress

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is my 04 625 SMC!! Got 42,000 miles. Love it!! Had a few problems.. Good thing I got extended warranty. It would have been really expensive if I had to pay out of pocket. Let see, main bearings went bad to due a defective crank. Both Intake and Exhaust rocker arm bearings failed and ruined cam. 4th idler gear came apart. Replaced all gears and shafts in transmission. With all the problems I had. I still love my SMC!! What blast to ride!!

BTW All LC4 engines have TWO oil pumps. One pump is used for the crank and piston. Second pump is used for transmission..

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been following this with interest.

does anyone have the specifcations of the 2003 660cc motor, with no electric start. I got one that was slotted into a 2002 Duke frame for me. But all I know about the motor is that it was a 660 SMC from Europe. It has the oil resovoir behind the cylinder and does not run the oil hose to the holding tank on the frame.

bike now has a 660cc engine, slide carb and Sibring big bore pipes.

and can shred a cut slick on a "bad-day"

thanks
Tony

21 - 40 of 63 Posts