SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share some pix and vids from this weekend at the NEHA hill climb in Burke, VT.The pix and vids really don't do this hill justice though, it is STEEP and those turns come up on you SO fast. Definitely had some serious oh shit moments while I was still trying to learn the road but by my last run I got down to a 2:19.12 and broke the standing hill record set last year (2:19.34). Unfortunately moments before I did that, Joe had just finished laying a 2:18.52 and beat me to it :rant: I'm pretty happy that his 1270cc fully built and tuned HP2 was only 6/10ths faster than my little KTM though!

Awesome weekend though. It sounds like the insurance issues preventing bikes from running the other events have been solved for next year so there will hopefully be 3-4 events to ride next summer! :bannana:

A few pix attached. I have more vids I need to edit down I'll add later.

My last, and fastest run on Sunday

Andrew's vid on his vintage Beemer

Attachments

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Great to see the BMWs in there! Especially the Airheads!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
id like to see a pic of the chevy silverado that got 2nd

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have ridden up Burke on my sumo, would love to race it. Got to try it next year looks like fun. Rode up Mt Washington last weekend and wanted to race that too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought this would be kinda interesting, lined my run from this year up with Joe's from last year. kinda cool to see the different line choices and where that big beemer makes up it's time or loses it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty butthurt about this. There's an entire thread full of people that were looking for information about these hillclimbs and no one bothered to share. I call shenanigans.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Your butthurt is misplaced. If you followed the forum youd see that I posted up about this race 4 weeks ago :anim_peep:

Haha I think I also told you about it at the last nemm race :lol:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?137431-Hill-Climbs
I asked NEHA about bikes at the beginning of the year and was told no. The only reason bikes were at Ascutney last year was because MAX organized and ran the event, not NEHA/hillclimb.org. Various MAX affilliated riders run the NEHA events fairly frequently but they are shoe-ins, friends of the club etc, it's not an open invitation like the MAX/Ascutney event last year.

Props to Sweeney for drawing my attention to the Burke event though, He just happened to mention it and I got lucky! :thumbup:
This was another one that wasn't an open invite either though, they were only allowing bikes that had done an event before and MAX had to approve of every entry. I think I was the only Non MAX affiliated rider who showed up and I only made it in because I did ascutney last year (and smoked them all :anim_peep:)

The issue was Insurance I'm told, and they said that for next year they have it all dialed in and will be allowing bikes at Okemo 1 and 2 and Burke 1, and hopefully 2 if they can get a 2nd event again. NHSC runs the Ascutney events so I'm not sure if bikes will get in there or not.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Yeah I really wanted to enter but didnt get around to calling them, plus my new helemt hasnt come in yet, destroyed the last one in a crash two weekends ago :headshake

Ill def be there next year for sure, especially the okemo ones, I have a house 20 minutes away from there :bannana: Im pumped to see how I do against them, I know Im a good bit faster than jimi up pikes, it wouldve been interesting to see how close to the course record i could've gotten.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Woops misread that thread. My bad. I remember you telling me at boxshop but you also used the the term super secret and it kind of rubbed me the wrong way I guess. I didn't want to show up to a race that dissent have an open invitation.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Woops misread that thread. My bad. I remember you telling me at boxshop but you also used the the term super secret and it kind of rubbed me the wrong way I guess. I didn't want to show up to a race that dissent have an open invitation.
haha no worries, you shouldve asked me more about it bro :lol: They probably wouldnt have let you run, but you did need to talk to them prior and get approval.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I really wanted to enter but didnt get around to calling them, plus my new helemt hasnt come in yet, destroyed the last one in a crash two weekends ago :headshake

Ill def be there next year for sure, especially the okemo ones, I have a house 20 minutes away from there :bannana: Im pumped to see how I do against them, I know Im a good bit faster than jimi up pikes, it wouldve been interesting to see how close to the course record i could've gotten.
I think Max has the unofficial record during practice of 2:16 something. Joe was saying they didn't think it was right but for me to only be 6/10ths off this weekend must mean my corner speed was higher cuz he crushes me on that first straight. A bike that can cook down the straights like Joe and find the right line in the corner could probably get down there.

I'll be investing in some better rubber next year. I just have Bridgestone S20R's on there which are phenomenal tires for the price but they were breaking loose on me here and there and I know i could have pushed harder in a few places with more grip.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha no worries, you shouldve asked me more about it bro :lol: They probably wouldnt have let you run, but you did need to talk to them prior and get approval.
Its all good. I still got to rip some flat track this weekend and im glad my money went to a club that's working there ass off to get back at it after the death of the original owner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts