SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a hid kit from www.motorcyclehidxenonlights.com. only the low beam is the hid. The high is a yellow halogen that is horrible. Where else could I get a hi/lo hid kit set up where both hi/lo are hid? And What other lights does anyone use? I was gonna a buy a bigger stator and buy a set of trail lights for dark back roads.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
check out trail tech.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
HID Country -- there Hi/LO kit has a magnet that moves a shield on the bulb-
I have one on my 05 DRZsm / it works well with stock headlight shell --$50 --

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ddm tuning h4 kit is What I looked at. 35w or pay the $8 for the 55w and what's the casper shield and where do I buy one? thanks.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've got the DDM H4 55W kit in my Acerbis light. I love it. High and low beams offer 2 distinct different patterns and both work well. Straight foward install and not too bulky at all. Plenty of room behind the "number plate" above the light to mount the ballast and relay. Ill get some pics soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the DDM hi/lo 35w 5000k kit in my 06 DR650 supermoto (same headlight as DRZ SM). Does pretty good. The bulb vibrates a little on low but it looks like a modulator which gets the attention of cagers I am sure. Haven't had it too long but its brighter than stock (not to mention 20watts less) and I don't have any complaints yet. Might have got the 55w kit or 4300k bulb if I were to to it again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You just have to type a word on the Google like “HID lights” or “HID kits” and then you can easily find a better online website where you can easily get high/low beam HID lights.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The DDM tuning 55w hid hi/low kit won't get to hot? That would save me some money since it's only $60 compared to 150 on hidsrus. Com is it important to have the relay connected to the battery? Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts