SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running aftermarket HID's on there HUSKY???

I want to run some 3K's in the 630....Suggestions on companies?

·
Registered
32 Posts
unless you completely convert by installing a hid projector housing, the hid light is going to disburse in a useless pattern, not aid your vision at all, and blind other drivers.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
unless you completely convert by installing a hid projector housing, the hid light is going to disburse in a useless pattern, not aid your vision at all, and blind other drivers.
+1 exactly

Do it right convert the housing as well. Hidplanet I believe sells full conversions although I'd get the housing from them and the HID from DDM

Z

·
Registered
25 Posts

Ill disagree with not aiding in vision. Ive had plenty of HID kits that are considerably better than stock without modifications. They may disperse in a wild pattern and blind people, but thats the exception not the rule in my experiences

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have one in my 630. It definitely blinds people at night so i often end up turning it off...but once I get out if traffic and switch it back on I can see everything! I got mine from ddm too. This is my 3rd vehicle with hids from ddm. I haven't had a failure yet and theyre cheap.

You can get projector headlights off ebay for around $50...anyone try one of these before?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one in my 630. It definitely blinds people at night so i often end up turning it off...but once I get out if traffic and switch it back on I can see everything! I got mine from ddm too. This is my 3rd vehicle with hids from ddm. I haven't had a failure yet and theyre cheap.

You can get projector headlights off ebay for around $50...anyone try one of these before?
id need a link, projector != hid. they make projectors for halogen bulbs as well. in order to do it correctly you need one that is for a d1s or d2s bulb, not a h1, 9007, 9003, etc (those are all halogen)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ill disagree with not aiding in vision. Ive had plenty of HID kits that are considerably better than stock without modifications. They may disperse in a wild pattern and blind people, but thats the exception not the rule in my experiences
ive had them in aftermarket dual housings on a monster, and in my factory 996 projector, they were essentially the same visibility as the halogen, but were incredibly offensive in the monster.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Everyone told me I needed a different housing or lens aswell but my ddm kit works great in the stock housing of my 2010 510smr and its low/hi beam doesnt blind people and it puts off a great pattern. Its a whole lot better than stock mines just the 35w kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts