SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've never seen any plated in Texas. . .chances are very slim for making that happen IMO.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ever drive one?

i jumped at the chance to drive one last year. it looked like fun. i believe it's fuel injected. if it is, it's one of the worse fuel injection set up's i've ever been in. the throttle was like a light switch, on/off, no dimmer settings. also, there was a huge lag from hitting the gas to going. it minded me of a lot of their atv's to be honest. so if you don't mind the lag on their atv's, you might not mind it on the rzr.

also, it wasn't a slow side-by-side, but 55 sure seems like a stretch (as in a REALLY, long, straight and slightly downhill stretch of road).

don't get me wrong, i liked it and i don't like atv's for the most part, but it just didn't feel finished.

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just for the wifeys. They won't be able to use the thing to it's potential anyhow.

SO a far stretch? That's what I'm thinking. But if you can do a dirt bike... then why not a dirt car? It's got the head/tail lights and I belive a horn. SO a couple o mirrors and....???

Seems possible. :thumbup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you can plate a two stroke dirt bike, I would think you can plate that thing. There are probably going to be some hoops, but that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can get a plate for a polaris ranger in TX so I dont see why you couldnt get one for a razr. They outlawed 4 wheelers at a friend of mines lake house and everyone went to the local polaris dealer and traded in on plated rangers. I bet the owner of that dealer could help....whitney polaris I believe. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
208 Posts
With gas as high as it is if I could plate any side by side ATV and use it as a second car around town id be all over it. Id be willing to bet that because it has 4 wheels it would have to meet all the same emission and safety requirements as any car so I dont see it happening right now but as gas prices get higher laws might change, people gotta get around somehow and unforunatly I cant haul my work equiptment around on my bike. If it were possible id be all over it.:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would think the best way would be to find a dealer that can help you get it street registered from the get go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm from arizona and in my town , rhino,s , and rangers are the grocery getters for all the retired people. Granted there are a few of us young guys with long travel and all that but old people with goggles on in a ranger with there little dog next to them with its own set of goggles is pretty comon. By the way those things come street titled and registered rite out of the dealer if you prefer it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
In Minnesota they are street legal. Side by sides are all the rage with the farmers around here. I keep wanting a rhino, but for $12k (with tires that actually do something, and a winch for when they don't), I can get a used Wrangler. Then again I'd feel bad tipping a Wrangler on it's roof. :)

·
Mullet Lord
3,302 Posts
I've always wanted a street legal side by side. Back when we were in high school, my buddies and I used to drive my John Deere Gator HPX all over the place with no tag, and never had a problem (until I tried parking it in my high school's lot). If I could get a Rhino tagged in Florida, I would buy one in a heartbeat to drive back and forth to FSU. The Rhino is without a doubt the most fun/fastest side by side I've driven. I'm curious as to why you're partial to the RZR? Have you driven the Rhino, Teryx, etc?

·
Registered
801 Posts
ever drive one?

i jumped at the chance to drive one last year. it looked like fun. i believe it's fuel injected. if it is, it's one of the worse fuel injection set up's i've ever been in. the throttle was like a light switch, on/off, no dimmer settings. also, there was a huge lag from hitting the gas to going. it minded me of a lot of their atv's to be honest. so if you don't mind the lag on their atv's, you might not mind it on the rzr.

also, it wasn't a slow side-by-side, but 55 sure seems like a stretch (as in a REALLY, long, straight and slightly downhill stretch of road).

don't get me wrong, i liked it and i don't like atv's for the most part, but it just didn't feel finished.
Never ridden a polaris predator i assume?? Those things freakin rip. gobbs of low end power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those things are very costly...a better aproach would be a suzuki sidekick 2 door...I call them a quad with a umbrella...Ive owned 3 and they can go on quad trails no problem...they also can be lifted pretty easily to accept 31" tires.Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Those things are very costly...a better aproach would be a suzuki sidekick 2 door...I call them a quad with a umbrella...Ive owned 3 and they can go on quad trails no problem...they also can be lifted pretty easily to accept 31" tires.Just my 2 cents.
if he goes that route, wouldnt he be better off with a samurai?? solid axel...endless aftermarket.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Like he said it was for his wife though...sidekick would be great!!!But yeah if he want's it to have bigger than 31's without cutting it up to get 33's on it yeah samurai would be a good choice also...most people use either or and just swap engine into samurai to get more power or put a solid axle under the front of the sidekick...but either way they are both nicer and way more afordable than a razor or rhino!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts

J/K P-Duc, that was a "meatball" You CAN get it inspected and plated in TX but that doesn't make it necessarily street "legal." MOST ispectors and DMV peeps don't know the legalities of the wheel-base requirements of the things therefore getting your tags/registration etc. HOWEVER, you come across a savvy Cop or St. Trooper that does know and is a prick they'd prolly love to nail your ass, so to speak (no pun from the pic above)

I'd absolutely love to tag my Rhino for the street but it won't happen.:headshake

n' I DO, for the record, really like the RZR's. Its all jokes.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts