SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so im new to whole super moto / motard scene, im looking at this helmet that i am super stoked on, but then i noticed its only $150 USD, is this helmet worth it? or just garbage? to be honest it looks nice, ive tried it on, and i liked the way it felt/fit. but what is this companies overall quality? is this thing crap or am i good to go? let me know what you guys are thinking. also its going to be used for street riding , not racing.

http://www.flyracing.com/moto/race-wear/helmets/trekker-helmet

also im hittin up the flat black one ( looks sickest )

·
Registered
154 Posts
hey guys so im new to whole super moto / motard scene, im looking at this helmet that i am super stoked on, but then i noticed its only $150 USD, is this helmet worth it? or just garbage? to be honest it looks nice, ive tried it on, and i liked the way it felt/fit. but what is this companies overall quality? is this thing crap or am i good to go? let me know what you guys are thinking. also its going to be used for street riding , not racing.

http://www.flyracing.com/moto/race-wear/helmets/trekker-helmet

also im hittin up the flat black one ( looks sickest )
Ha Im looking at the same helmet:lol: I looked for reviews but couldnt find any...I would think this is a competitor to the AFX 39DS which has pretty good reviews. I will probably end up getting one next week

·
Registered
63 Posts
From what I have heard it's reported to be the same helmet as one of the afx helmets, either the 37 or 39, can't remember. I own the afx ds37 for screwing around, but wouldn't trust it in a crash. I know it's a bit blasphemous but I wear a full face scorpion helmet and i got it on sale in a bike shop for 140 because I have the benefit of having a huge head and no one buys xxl, was approx 225 retail originally.

Love my full face...:anim_peep:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just because big name helmet makers like Arai, Shoei and some others like to dry-rape you for $400 or more dollars for a helmet does not mean all helmets in the $100-$200 range are crap.

That's not to say the Arai/Shoei...helmets are trash, or that some cheap helmets are just as good as the expensive ones.

I have no experience with the helemet in question, but being that a helmet is such a very personal item, and that proper fit is so highly important regardless of price, I'd never order a helmet off the internet if I haven't at least put one on my head in a store somewhere first.

Find a local shop that sells those helmets and judge the quality and fit on a very personal level.

I know that Shoei helmets don't fit my head for shit.
AGV fits my head just fine. Arai is somewhere in between the AGV and Shoei.

My O'Neil mx helmet fits real snug. So much so that I couldn't chew gum with the helmet on without biting my cheeks. I like that feeling though. It's now broken in and still fits quite snug.

Every helmet fits differently. Check it out in person.

Just because the price "seems" kinda cheap doesn't mean it's not a good helmet.

While Snell and DOT ratings may not mean what they used to, I'd look for those too.

Just my two cents. I got my O'Neil on sale for less than $150 and I'm quite happy with it.
Once I bought goggles I'd guess I spent a little over $150 for the combo.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
alot of what you're paying for in big name high price helmets is ventalation and light weight not just impact resistance. if its its dot and snell aproved then its plenty stron...but then again too much is never enough when you're talking about you're brain.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I tried one of these on the other day. It's definitely not as comfortable as my Shoei RF-1100, but it fit well and was kinda cool. The inside top of the helmet was were the comfort issue was. They used a harder foam as the contact with your head, so it wasn't soft and pillowy as a shoie.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wouldn't trade my $800 Arai RX-7 Corsair for anything....the lightest, most ventilated, and best looking helmet i've every seen or worn (no i didn't actually pay $800 for the helmet)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts