SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good parking lot to practice some riding techniques on my DRZ400sm. Does anyone in the Knoxville area know a good spot? I used to practice minis up at an old abandoned Wal-Mart in Powell but got ran off by the Sheriff the last few times I was there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I live in knoxville and would love to know if you find a place. I don't know of any places specifically. I usually try and stick to backroads for twisty fun and all the industrial areas for hooliganing but then again I don't really parking lot stunt. I'd love to get some place to rip up and practice "track tricks" like backing it in, wheelies and stopping...the usual. I have been known to scope out the entire UT campus area and then "stealthily" ride every staircase known to man and cut through building bridges and sidewalks...

With the crappy headlight I have on my husky and the sun setting so early I haven't had much time to get out and look for new places lately.

Have you spent a lot of time on the twisties? You could come along with me to the gap sometime.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really into stunting. I'm mainly just wanting to work on backing it in somewhere beside a public road. I'm well versed in the twisties around Knoxville but generally I don't like going down to the gap, it's just too busy for me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sounds like we are on the same page. I'll let you know if I find anywhere if you'll do the same.

I try and go either early morning or later in the day to miss the parade or take a day off during the week and go down there.

Next time you are interested in riding hit me up. You may also want to check out http://www.easttnriders.com It's a forum local to the area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts