SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Taken from BARF -

You can certainly do a PNO (Planned Non-Operation), and pay the annual fee.
I have a couple bikes and cars that are PNO, and there is only the one time fee. They send me a notice every year or two of the fees that would be required to return them to service, but it specifically states that it is not a bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an interesting thread.
So I was reading some of section 4000, specificly 4009 which reads (in whole)...

4009. A vehicle transported upon a highway, no part of which is in contact with the highway, is exempt from registration.

Yes, that is the whole section. maybe a little more research is needed.:headscrat
This is correct the key phrase is "no part of which is in contact with the highway". So as long as you're not using a front wheel only tow device you're fine. The argument would come as to whether the racing surface/pit area you are is is considered a highway. Parking lots are privately owned and as a result are exempt from the California vehicle code; however, there are always exemptions. The Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento for example managed to make it's parking lot part of the city, so running a stop sign in the parking lot would be the same ticket as running a stop sign downtown.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i have heard of issues at prairrie city as well

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
mine isnt reg either its a track only bike, personally i have never had an issue

21 - 24 of 24 Posts