SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 KTM EXC-F 350 I use it for dirt
Thinking of buying super moto wheels for it .
I wanted to know if there is a way to run the same chain when I change wheels?
I heard You can swap the chain adjusters some way so You can run the same chain,
I run a 52 in the rear now for dirt I think its a 13 up front .
I am all new to this super moto idea.
Been riding dirt all my life .
Any ideas or comments welcome.
I just would like to make the swap between dirt wheels and super moto wheels as easy as possible.
I am 62 so I am not going to be riding super fast just a nice ride to the coast n back once n a while
Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I heard You can swap the chain adjusters some way so You can run the same chain,
I just would like to make the swap between dirt wheels and super moto wheels as easy as possible.
I am 62 so I am not going to be riding super fast just a nice ride to the coast n back once n a while
Thanks
Nothing after a week?!
Come on, he's legit, I just don't remember, there is a combination of sprocket sizes for KTM EXC that allow using the same chain for easy switching from dirt wheels to 17" sm wheels by just flipping the axle/tensioner. This is an easy question.
Maybe ThumperTalk is a better bet these days..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a bike that I use summer and winter(on the streets) with sm wheels on the summer and 21/18 in the winter. We get alot of snow here. And I use 2 very different sprocket and chain sizes. And I use the same chain. I just have a extra piece of chain and a extra chain lock(the link that you use to connect the chain together. Don't remember what is called in english) and that is how I overcome that problem. I use 14/44 on the sm wheels and 14/50 on the enduro/dirt wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
Thanks for kick starting this question I will check on thumper
Nothing after a week?!
Come on, he's legit, I just don't remember, there is a combination of sprocket sizes for KTM EXC that allow using the same chain for easy switching from dirt wheels to 17" sm wheels by just flipping the axle/tensioner. This is an easy question.
Maybe ThumperTalk is a better bet these days..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a bike that I use summer and winter(on the streets) with sm wheels on the summer and 21/18 in the winter. We get alot of snow here. And I use 2 very different sprocket and chain sizes. And I use the same chain. I just have a extra piece of chain and a extra chain lock(the link that you use to connect the chain together. Don't remember what is called in english) and that is how I overcome that problem. I use 14/44 on the sm wheels and 14/50 on the enduro/dirt wheels.
that's helpful I am 13 /52 now I will figure it out

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bump

I don't recommend using two master links as the master link is by far the weakest link in the chain, prefer not to have two on there.

Maybe someone knows how many chain links (or even teeth) when flipping the KTM axle block.

There has to be tons of KTM/Husky guys out there that regularly go back and forth from dirt wheels to17s, he just need a sprocket count that works w one chain.

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump

I don't recommend using two master links as the master link is by far the weakest link in the chain, prefer not to have two on there.

Maybe someone knows how many chain links (or even teeth) when flipping the KTM axle block.

There has to be tons of KTM/Husky guys out there that regularly go back and forth from dirt wheels to17s, he just need a sprocket count that works w one chain.

Thanks guys :)
Thats what I was hoping for what size gearing so I can go back n forth without changing chains and just flip the axle blocks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts