SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I got my new Husaberg FS 570 2011 (shipped to me from a dealer in another state), the bike came shipped in a metal crate/frame with the front tire removed and the handle bars.. i got the handle bars and other stuff situated...

been sitting in the garage for a while due to work travel... anyway im finally now trying to install the front wheel/tire.. i got the break caliper off which was a royal pain.. , but how do i get the front axle out? does one of the nuts on either side come off? if so seems impossible to get enough torque on the nut without the axle spinning.. ugh...

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks,

SMWB

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's easy, leave the left side(rotor side) clamped with the two ten mil bolts that hold the axel. Loosen them off on the other side, and remove the nut from that same side. Loosen the bolts on the rotor side and just side the axel out Takes like two minutes to put on. No need to remove the caliper just spread it open with a big screw driver and pump the brakes when done the install. hope that helps. Leg me know if you need anything else. My wheel has been off tons of times. Lol.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
pics? not familiar with their front setup

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry after looking at my bike I was wrong. You leave the non rotor side clamped by the two ten millimeter bolts that hold the axel.

Then loosen those same bolts on the other fork leg( rotor side) and unbolt the axel on that same side. It's the bigger of the two sides of the axel.
Now loosen the first two non rotor side and slide the axel out.

Hope that helps you out. Let me know if you need more pics. But it is super easy to do. Last time I had my wheel off. I was showing it to my neighbor before I mounted it on the bike. And then two mins later I went ripping by his house and he couldn't believe it could be installed so quick.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

really appreciate you taking the time to send the pics... this is embarrassing and frustrating...:damn:

i tried what you said but i just can't seem to unbolt the side with the rotor... i put some wd 40 on it and it just wont give.. ugh.. is there a torque wrench anyone makes with that same hex adapter for the bolt?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
It is a 27mm if I remember correctly, make sure you do some research on how to put it back together correctly to get the forks lined up after you take things aparts. Not difficult but there is a procedure to it or your forks will bind. Get a bike savy friend to help you out with this if you do not know how yourself.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have had my wheel off and on over ten times with no bind at all any time using the exact way I told him to take it off and put back on. I have owned bikes my while life taking wheels off with this method. It is easy and safe imo. What is this way you speak of?? As far as a socket size 27 I also think is right. But I use and adjustable wrench. Works great.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wannabe, honestly man if you are having a hard time doing this then Listen to torque and get some one who knows what's up. It is your life on the line and I know myself there are things I can't/shouldn't do on my bike. So to make sure you are riding that beast for a long time get some help. It happens to the best of us. Lmao!!
Once you see it done right you will be able to do it in a flash. Good luck wanna.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Easy job for sure, mine is off and on all the time. Have someone show ya the ropes one time and all will be clear. Forks won't bind enough to cause any catastophic failure but suspension can get bound up enough not to work smooth was more my point. Just my .02.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well

i dont have any friends who have bikes, so i have nobody to show me the ropes ... come to think of it, i dont have any friends period :hmmm:

this was my plan, i was going to get this all set up then have a mechanic come over and do an "inspection".. i'd really like to get the front wheel on myself though.. the wrench that comes in the tool kit is a "32" pentagon type hole for the bolt the larger bolt on one side and "27" i think for a smaller bolt (maybe the other side).... are you guys sure the bolt comes off on the side where the caliper is? the bolts on the caliper were a bitch to take off but i finally got those off..

this bolt though just doesnt seem to want to budge at all..

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Local bike dealers have repair/fix it learner classes all the time - bet you can find an impartial dealer one that cares for your safety to let you in on a class. Find your local KTM dealer he will be the one you can get about 1/2 the parts you need for your scoot so he as an interest in your business IMO. FYI, any part that starts with a 7...... is a KTM part from the 530 line if the part starts with an 8....... than that is a Berg specific one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok..

thanks for the advice guys on the parts and the dealer.. i might check that out at some point.. good to know about the difference between ktm and berg parts as well...

anyway i finally got it off, i had to use two wrenches to do it on each side in opposite direction to get the torque i needed, i also went to advanced auto parts and got a socket axle bolt which helped... i think the dealer put it on extra tight to spite me for bitching them out about their professionalism before they shipped it..:Argue:

the bolt is scratched a little....im sure its fine but ill probably order a new one sometime soon just for peace of mind.. what's a good site for husaberg parts anyway, there is only one husaberg dealer in the entire DC/MD/VA area and i have a feeling everything will be overpriced there..

anyway i have another stupid question about spacers...

this is the wheel as it was shipped from the dealer, are those things in the groove the actual spacers? or is it another part? if it is, then the dealer didn't provide it and i guess i need to make a trip tomorrow to the bike shop to get some...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts