SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what I should do, or anything to help my problem.

When riding around the city my bike doesn't like to idle at stop lights, my bike likes to just shut off while waiting at a stop light unless I keep the revs up. I'm guessing my idle is to low. It weird it doesn't have a problem in neutral, but when you have it in first gear and take of it shuts off sometimes.

Also, another problem I'm having in the city is my bike doesn't like cruising at the same speed in 3rd or lower, or around 35mph or lower. It feels like it stops giving power and then comes back on. It's a jerking motion.

Any ideas on what do to or to check would be great!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
sounds like something in the pilot circuit. I would check your pilot jet for obstructions (it controls idle to 1/4 throttle). Make sure that your fuel screw is adjusted correctly and the jerking/hesitation could also come from the throttle position sensor on the carb. If you need any specific advice feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Like Crash said, pilot sounds clogged. Losen the clamps, twist your carb in its boots in order to take off the float bowl. From there you will see the pilot jet. Take it out and you can use a piece of wire to clean it. Spray it down with carb cleaner and reassemble.

Also, check your clutch play for the none idle while in gear but will in neutral.

·
Registered
309 Posts
My crf had the same problem with the idle, I tore the carb apart and found nothing. It turned out my clutch basket fingers were grooved and wouldn't let the plates separate.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Search on Thumpertalk. I seem to recall a play by play with pics somewhere over there.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
im inclined to agree on the clogged carb or something. reason being im in the same boat right now but i havnt cleaned my carb in 3 yrs with months of stagnant riding and it didnt do it before so looks like ill be pulling my carb for a cleaning too interested in your results once done.

z

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried searching for that play by play no luck, maybe I'm just retarded lol.

I have a service manual that tells me how to at least take it off.

Do I really need to take off the whole carb to clean or inspect it, or is it possible to leave on to see if it is actually my problem?

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Tried searching for that play by play no luck, maybe I'm just retarded lol.

I have a service manual that tells me how to at least take it off.

Do I really need to take off the whole carb to clean or inspect it, or is it possible to leave on to see if it is actually my problem?
Yes, the carb needs to come out. PM me and I can walk you through it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts