SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was putting in a slipper clutch yesterday and when assembling everything back and buttoning up the bike I did something stupid. My air compressor hose was sitting on top of the clutch guiderod / pushrod so I didn't see it. So I get the bike all setup and pull the clutch and BANG! the slave cylinder detonates. Apparently I've gone and fcuked myself here and will need a new slave cylinder.

• Anyone know the parts numbers of what I need to fix this?
  • Perhaps a husky parts manual in PDF I can download?
  • I recall that KTM uses the same clutch and slave on some of their bikes - can I get the parts to fix this from a KTM shop? If so, what do I need to buy?

Kicking myself here... I've done too much clutch work in the past to make this mistake! :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
halls cycles has the parts fiche on their website. The slave is different on Husky's vs. KTM. Also try Parts Unlimited.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you just need the piston, get the 7602 racing piston. It helps a lot with some of the slave issues Husky's have. I have one in my 09 and it did help with the leaking/inconsistent feel mine had.

http://7602racing.com/prod_clutch_piston.php
How do I know if I just need the piston? I assumed that was all I needed because the housing section listed on item 32 looks like it's just the steel cover and housing. Perhaps I'm wrong. I have no idea here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Not sure, you might have just blown out the seal on the piston. Its a square o-ring that is usually a buck or 2 if you can find the size. I assume you have pulled the slave cover off and checked out whats damaged right?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts