SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get a proper supermoto fender for this bike 18 ktm 250 tpi? I hate the aftermarket acerbis look, would really like the factory ktm supermoto fender orange from 2012 which is doable with a mount from nihlo but the orange color has changed over the years. I don't know how to cut a fender, and would suck at it. Any companies that will do this for me? Or, should I just get six days white plastics for bike and get a husqvarna supermoto fender? I had a 14 KTM 300 XCW that I supermoto'd but it always looked terrible with that big dirt bike fender. Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
6,598 Posts
they're all just cut mx fenders, even the dws decal one... if you want to pay over 200$ for a cut fender you're basically nuts :lol: you can just as easily do it yourself. all you need is a dremel tool with a cutting wheel or even an angle grinder and clean up the cut with an exacto knife or something similar. it's not rocket science and with a little patience an precision it'll look decent. I've done loads already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After just watching a guy on youtube do it to a crf 450, I think you're absolutely right. I'll probably just get that 2012 ktm sm fender for $29.99 to use for a template since I already have the dremel tube will be way cheaper than dws and not have to worry about their orange color matching. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Picking bike back up from dealer tuesday as they say they downloaded a new map that fixed starting problem. Here is what I have in store. Please feel free to give any advice on these items:
1. Scotts steering damper
2. motoxindustries-supermoto wheels warp 9 Continental SM tires 150 out back on 4.25"
3. stock brake caliper with 320mm rotor-will upgrade later if necessary
4. currently have 14:50 gearing. will try 14:44 for now
5. will cut stock fender (hope I don't f$ck it up)
6. FMF powercore 2.1 (stock is melting turn signal)
Many afraid TPI motor will seize running wide open on road and track with 80:1 to 100:1. I'll take that risk and see for myself. I think that's it. Bike is already street legal. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Everything looks good. You've obviously done your research. I run 14/45 OTR, on a 17' carb 300. It sits just out of the band at about 65mph in 6th by a couple of hundred rpm's. I'm on a 5in rear on a Conti Attack SM. Good tires. Just narrow enough on a 160 for minimal

clearance. I maybe should have gone for a 4.25 but what the hell. You got a cush drive for the rear? Check this out for your gearing (https://www.gearingcommander.com/). It saves any trial and error if you know how you want it to be. Your stock front caliper might be

enough. I like to know I've got it if I need it so fitted a four pot. I've cooked two pots before, albeit on slightly heavier bikes. This is by far the lightest SM I've had. Be sure to post some pics won't you...I'm still yet to cut my fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts