SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new to me bike and I think it is time for me to give a go at racing supermoto.
I am looking to find a set of wheels for a 2006 KX450 on the cheap ready to go, also I might need some better stopping power . Maybe some of you guys in the racing scene are in cahoots and know of a good deal to get my bike set up.
This will be my 3rd sumo and (yz426 and husky 610) and I have yet to touch a track, so I think its time to give it a whirl.
PM me if you hear of anything please, I will need them shipped but will cover the costs.
Thanks, and hopefully I can get set up and make a trip or 2 down souther ontario next year or this fall

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent that dude a e-mail
whats the availability like for 16.5 tires? I called the shops that are close here and they dont stock them. Also Petes Superbike website shows nothing

·
Registered
263 Posts
Those wheels are Jordan Szoke's and he is racing superbikes this weekend in Quebec. You probably won't hear back from him until next week.

I know how to get a hold of Pete. I will call him now and tell him to read this thread. I know that the serious racers prefer the 16.5 front. I get Michelins from Wayne Kennedy and I think he tries to keep stock of the 16.5 fronts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just to clarify - Pete's Superbike seems to only sell street tires not supermoto specific, however a call to him directly might be different?

16.5 fronts are readily available in race tires aka: slicks
Sam has noted Michelin's are available through Wayne Kennedy at Kennedy Motorsports.
Dunlop's are available through Pro6 Cycles or (me) their sub-distributors listed on their web site.
Other brands are available but more difficult to attain and usually cost the same or more once shipped - get the best and don't worry - Dunlop is globally the top SM tire going, Michelin also makes an excellent product, either choice you can't go wrong.

Loks like you'll need brakes with that wheel set - maybe the seller can help you out - also check fitment of these wheels to your model year, not 100% sure but I think Kawasaki changed an axle/hub around that time - just double check fitment to your 2006.

Pete

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got am e-mail reply saying that they will get back to me next week. There’s a member on here that PM'ed me will a full motomaster brake set-up with brembo M/C for $400 that I will probably grab pending what the photos look like and condition of the parts.
I am really hoping to find a used set of wheels as want to have everything said and done for $1500 if I could get used parts but it just might not happen. I want to get to Gimli Manitoba once this year for a super singles race or at least a Saturday morning practice.
I have some mods planned for my x-challenge and if I have to buy new it will soak up a bunch of my motorcycle play money.
If you come across anything else or catch wind please fill me in
and who is RobbiO and what should I get in touch with him about?
Thanks guys, I wasnt sure I would get any help with this

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Gumbellion,
I've got what you're looking for as I have one too many wheel sets. Pick either:

1) set of Haan wheels (Excell hubs) 17X3.5 and 17X4.25 with Motomaster rotors & caliper relocator bracket
or
2) set of Pro wheels (Behr rims) 16.5X3.5 and 17X5.00 with EBC rotors & relocator bracket.

Best to reach me at [email protected]
Cheers/
(I'm in Mississauga)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i am out of the market for sumo wheels right now

unfortunately this past weekend and mangled the front wheel and forks on my BMW. So I am going to have to put off the KX supermoto conversion until the fall as I need to get my beemer back in action for the end of the month.
Sorry and thanks for the help. I will be bumping it in a few months

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am Robbie O!

I am Robbie O!

Are you still interested in a set of wheels??????

I have a set of 17" front and rear wheels for an 07 Kawi 450 for sale.......

HAAN hubs with excell rims (5" rear) for sale.
They come complete with sprocket, rear disk (stock) front 320mm disk and relocator bracket, all spacers front and rear.

These rims are bolt on and go! Just use your existing axles.

$1500 with slicks, complete.
I also had a 40 tooth rear sprocket machined for track days at Cayuga. I was GPSed at over 185kms/hr with this sprocket on......$100 extra (still looking for one, Louie?)

I also have a used set of Ice Tires for sale.......

I am located in Muskoka!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts