SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!! Ill make a short story long.
Just got a used 2005 KX65. it was working great until... My kid didnt shift and blew the crankshaft barring or stretched the rod or something bad. I didnt want to mess with that yet so I bought a 2007 motor off ebay. when i took the old motor out I cut the 2 wires going to the CDI module. (Thought I would just splice the new one back in) But... The new one has 4 wires??? They both have Black with Red trace and Black with White trace. But the New one has White with Red trace and White with Green trace. Not knowing what the 2 white wires were AND being a (NOOB) I just cut all 4 wires and spliced the 2 black wires into the old wiring harness. it will not run... When I try to push start it i sometimes get a backfire? I am getting spark, I do have fuel. In shipment I think gear oil got everywhere. I thought that would just burn out once i got it running. Is this fixable or Am I attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

·
Registered
45 Posts
This should help. Just got my manual today so I can rebuild my blown up 65 motor. PM me if you're interested in a service manual and I'll shoot you the link to the seller.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts