SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just recently picked up a 04 KTM 625 SMC. Had a few aftermarket parts some of which being a 18L tank along with what i believe is a 640 seat. The previous owner gave me the oem tank and shrouds off a 625 SXC. I want to switch over to the oem tank and plastics because the 18L tank is just way too big looking on the bike. However the seat does not fit with the oem tank. I have been trying to track down a oem seat and cannot find anything for the life of me. Even aftermarket seats that would fit with the stock tank. Any help is appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, it wasn't easy to find a stock seat. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
625 smc seat

You might try over at ADVRIDER.com for a seat. Also you said you got a 18L tank and seat. You might want to find a 12L tank and use that(18L) seat with it. Stock tank size is 9L. They(KTM) also made a 12L and a 18L tank(s).The 12L uses the 18L seat assembly but gives you a few more Liters of fuel.You would use your radiator shrouds from the stock tank on the 12L tank. And as an added bonus you would get a locking gas cap.
2007 and up 690 seats will not work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Guys,
Just recently picked up a 04 KTM 625 SMC. Had a few aftermarket parts some of which being a 18L tank along with what i believe is a 640 seat. The previous owner gave me the oem tank and shrouds off a 625 SXC. I want to switch over to the oem tank and plastics because the 18L tank is just way too big looking on the bike. However the seat does not fit with the oem tank. I have been trying to track down a oem seat and cannot find anything for the life of me. Even aftermarket seats that would fit with the stock tank. Any help is appreciated!!!!
I know this is an older thread but I am in the exact same boat... the 18l tank just looks so big and I literally can’t find a seat anywhere did you ever have any luck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts