SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, how should I set my suspension, did need to the compresion hard and rebound? and what about the SAG? my bike is a KXF450 set up for MX and I just put the SM wheels.
Thank's

·
Registered
47 Posts
depending on your weight first you need to set race sag on the rear shock which should be around 100-110mm. compression and rebound adjustments are a matter of personal preference,and what kind of track you ride.if you are alot more than 190lbs you would need to have your forks and shock resprung and revalved.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Most stock motocross bikes with just supermoto wheel and brakes can get the suspension working OK - but not great.

To start I always take a motocross bike and go full stiff. Turn the clickers all the way in and go out two clicks. The rebound you might want to play with two to 5 clicks out.

As for sag - start with 100mm. Leave the fork in the stock position in the triple clamps - do not push them up in the clamps. If the bike works good - run it. If you get some front wheel chatter or a lot push - try adding 5mm of sag in the rear.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree with the other guys...set sag first, ride it, and adjust from there. instead of moving one click at a time u might try what smrscott said and go full in on adjustment and adjust out from there depending on feel. I run a little less sag than the other posters but 100mm doesn't sound bad. if you get a lotta dive, add some more comp. and adjust rebound to suit; the suspension should rebound faster than it compresses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank`s guys for all the tips, I rode the bike with 105mm sag, and 12mm on the forks, and fell good, but to tell you the truth, I don`t know what to expect, because I never rode pavement, I will try the 100mm sag and little more compression on forks, because feel that the go to far on travel.
Than`s again!!!!!:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts