SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i'm taking a huge long shot here but oh well. I've never really posted a bulletin before but these times call for desperate measures.

I'm so in between not making the right decision. I can really go any direction of what Sumo i want, but I've been wanting one for quite some time. I use to ride a cbr600 F4I when I was younger and untill recently I had a KTM 450 EXC. Bike was awesome I loved that KTM! Only problem with it is i'm 5'5 and couldn't touch the ground even with hanging off the side. Now with off road I could care less about touching, but on the street I need to touch a bit. This isn't too much of a problem because I can get everything lowered to my height really. (with some restrictions i know)

Heres the real problem......I DON"T KNOW WHAT BIKE TO GET.....money is an issue I really don't want to spend more then 4K pushing it is 4.5k....I have been looking at a drz400 but was told after ridding my buddies 625smc that it woudln't feel NO WHERE in the same area as the 625 (this i know from just knowledge..400 vs 625 no contest) But what would be a good starter Sumo for me? I'm not a beginer and i'm deffinetly not a trickster but i'm not affraid to learn. I love going fast, I like sharp corners, a few tricks. Mainly just want a nice clean ride, but something I can flick the wrist and be at 70mph.

Any help from any one would be great....I'm just almost getting sick of Sumo's and I haven't even owned one yet.......

·
Registered
995 Posts
You can't go wrong with the 625 I own 1. anything can be made to fit you. It's just the amount of time and money you want to put into it.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
The DRZ is the perfect choice for your first Tard. not as fast as a KTM or Husky but a whole lot less service and just as fun (if not more) on the street. Really all you need to know is....Pipe....Jetkit....3X3 mod......thats it. the motors are bulletproof and the service is few and far between so the only thing you have to worry about is getting busted on one wheel! (it's impossable to own a supermoto and not drive like a Numbnut!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm 5'1 and I invested in Aprilia SXV450. Just had to lower it a little. DRZ is a good starter bike especially for street riding. Good luck.:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts