SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some guidance...I just got an Acerbis Vision MotoLED headlight (DOT version) and an Evo Ft. fender. I have two questions.

1. What is the best way to install the finder. Its mounting area is significantly smaller that the OEM fender and doesn't sit as close to the mounting bolts. Does any one have one and have pics of the installation?

2. Acerbis head light installs easy enough but there is an extra wire/light coming out of the back. Also, I want to integrate the LEDS into my turn signals. I know I could just cut and splice but I live in Hawaii and have to essentially return the bike to factory function every two years for a safety inspection. Is there a way to just make it "plug and play" like the factory signals? Also, looking for suggestions for replacement turn signals that I could mount on the fork stanchions.

Please, any feedback/pictures/links would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just get DOT legal LEDs, that way you wont have to dissasemble everything. If you dont want to do that.. just go down to your local electrical supply store, and buy two sets of quick release electrical connectors of your choice. Cut the wires to your turn signal, then install one set of quick release connectors on the facotry harness. Then install the other connectors on your stock blinkers, and one more set on your LEDs. This way, you 've made it plug and play.

As far as the fender goes.. just drill some holes, and maybe shim it a little bit with some washers. Its a fender dude.. dont worry about perfection with it :) :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts