SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Depends where I am or what I'm doing. Usually if I go somewhere that I would need to lock my helmet, I'm usually going with a friend that has a lock on their bike (or in their car). If not, I'll usually just carry it around with me. Very rarely will I go somewhere and just leave it on my handle bar. Not only was it an expensive helmet, and looks pretty to some thief, but then how would I get home? I do have a bag that has a helmet "bag" attached to it, but I've never had to use it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I want to rig something up under my seat too. I dont think to many peeps know how to pop the seat on these. I had no idea before the dealer showed me.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Someone made a seat lock on a 690 by fastening a piece of metal to the back end of the seat that went under the gas tank cap.

Then the only way the seat could be removed was if the gas cap(with key lock) was removed. I thought it was ingenious idea and think you could rig up something similar for a helmet lock.

I searched but couldn't come up with the pics... maybe someone can find and post the link.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just carry a small padlock in my pack and lock it through the helmet D-ring on the chinstrap and then to the metal bar on my aftermarket handguards. I have heard of people using gun locks too by looping them through something and then something else.

·
Registered
451 Posts
fastbusa; I dont know how to link but the ingenious seat tab anti-theft mod your talking about is pictured in the "690 smc riders-post your mods and pics" thread sticky'd at the top of the KTM page. It is on page 12, post #586 by "Jairo".

·
Registered
546 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
He didn't know how... and you beat me too it!!! :thumbup:
Hmm, a guy who has been here for over 3 years, and has almost 200 posts doesn't know how to make a link? :headscrat Oh well.:D

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Hmm, a guy who has been here for over 3 years, and has almost 200 posts doesn't know how to make a link? :headscrat Oh well.:D
Linking to an individual post is a little more "tricky" than copying the URL at the top.... plus I know you are of the computer age...

imagine someone your parents age trying to figure it out... my dad doesn't even know when to single vs double click.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yeah guys! I know, I know!! Im working on the link thing!!!! How about a quick "How to link" tutorial?
quick guide.... if you just want to link to a thread... just copy the www.supmotojunkie......stuff at the top and paste it into the post.

To link to a specific post within a thread.... right click on the post number located in the upper right corner of each person's post. For example this post is #13 and yours above was #12.

"Copy link location" and paste that into your post.

Simple enough? :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I just bought a (Helmet Lok). The 625 also lacks any type of place to lock a helmet effectively.

We'll see how it goes, I just got it.
Thats actually pretty slick, even with that cable to thread thru your jacket or whatever. :thumbup::hmmm:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Linking to an individual post is a little more "tricky" than copying the URL at the top.... plus I know you are of the computer age...

imagine someone your parents age trying to figure it out... my dad doesn't even know when to single vs double click.... :lol:
My mom is pretty good on the computer. My dad on the other hand...

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's pretty ghetto but right now I'm using a bike U lock on my Metal Mule Tail rack... Too lazy to find something else and it's quick and easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts