SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, new here but not new to riding. been at it for a few years now. started on a gsxr 750, then moved to a z1000. after that was a 636 track bike, and now im rollin a 2005 dr650 tarded out. by far the most fun ive had on 2 wheels. so easy to ride fast, makes me wonder what took so long for me to get one. excel wheels, pirelli diablo rosso tires, acerbis cyclopes front, sm front fender, white bros carbon pro exhaust. not the speed tards like the ktm and prillers, but this thing is so much fun. besides, ive had my bikes capable of 160-170mph, and this is so much better. and with deals gap only about 30 minutes away makes this bike perfect. also if anyone has any suggestions on this bike please chime in. looking to get a bit more out of it but nothing drastic. mainly looking to gear it a bit lower. i dont even have to use 5th gear at interstate speeds.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Half an hour from the gap, you lucky dog! I'd just gear it, maybe drop a tooth or 2 in the front.

Nice DR, but I wouldn't make it a money pit. Keep it simple and ride the piss out of it. I was going to tard out my KLX650R, but now I'm having second thoughts. Before you know it, you got enough coin tied up in it and coulda bought a good big bore street tard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i havnt even looked to see what sprockets it has, i believe 15/41 is stock. i know the rear is small, lol. may just go with a 14/43 if it has the stockers on it. dont want to kill its cruising abilities all together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts