SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys? I actually don't own a motorcycle and never have but I am definitely getting one pretty soon since I have been obsessed over getting one for the last half year. I day dream about supermotos. Anyway, I've been trying to figure out what bike I should get. I haven't had a bike before in my life but I've driven them before many times. I want a street legal supermoto with decent speed on the highway. The KTM 350 exc is already street legal and I would only have to change the tires. Same with the 500cc model, which one would you reccomend? Another option is the DRZ 400 sm but I don't really like that they so low to the ground. Let me know your experienced opinion about it and if you have any suggestions. Peace

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Welcome to SMJ !!

How tall are you? I ask because you mentioned that the DRZ is too low...

How are you with general maintenance and working on the bike?

How much highway riding do you plan on doing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to SMJ !!

How tall are you? I ask because you mentioned that the DRZ is too low...

How are you with general maintenance and working on the bike?

How much highway riding do you plan on doing?
I'm 5'9, not extremely tall. I haven't worked on bikes much but I'm going to learn some staff with a buddy of mine who is fixing his right now. I wouldn't mind having to do a bit of maintenance, if is not excessive. I don't plan on doing that much highway riding actually, but I want to be able to commute on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts