SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Made this account just to send a member a message but thought may aswell share my bikes! I have a 525 ktm that I built myself from an exc into an smr and a 450smr with a full devtech chassis that's brand new! Iv currently got the devtech apart now to add a few changes over winter and make it into my ultimate supermoto. Il post more pics with some better info another time when iv figured out how to actually use this site 馃槀 but here's some quick photos. Cheers
20200423_195740-01.jpeg
20200630_203712.jpg
20200706_112639.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Can u share spec of chassis?

Bikes looks nice
Thanks I love them :)
The white chassis is a ktm smr chassis from a 2006 560 with the extra brace welded in to match the 07.
The black one is a Devtech chassis made by suter for ktm to be used in the world championship in 2006 very rare factory part only know of 13 that were made, even tracked down the guy who built them and he couldn't remember how many were made lol. There are only 6 that I know the whereabouts of now! The frame is completely built from scratch, lighter, stronger, wider rails with more space by the head to allow for twin pipes and adjustable rake headstock. It's a work of art! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Do u know caster or rake numbers, wheelbase length?

Is this colant overflow can? Looks masterpiece
View attachment 155273
That's catch tank is for the oil breather from the other side of the engine, the coolant catch tank is up by the rad il show some photos of that sometime too :)
The rake is on the middle setting at the moment which I think is 1.3掳 steeper than stock (clamps 7mm offset) which I think takes about 20mm off the wheelbase and iv been running the rear wheel long but I'm gonna take it right down over winter to try in the test sessions early next year. I'm gonna measure the rake angle, trail, wheelbase etc properly this winter too :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Dos it has changeable rake? How?
IMG-20200512-WA0020.jpg

20200628_174432.jpg

The headstock is massive to allow the movement, it has interchangeable bearing shells and spherical bearings that can accommodate various different degrees of offset. It's super cool! Il have to take some better photos again when it's apart to make it clearer :) hope you can kind of see what I'm talking about lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts