SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an headlamp that simply uses battery power and that can be quickly taken on and off preferably by a simple clip off from the forks. I want to make my bike street legal and in idaho you only need a head and tail lamp,and I want to make it possible to make my bike motocross ready with in 30 min. Change wheels take off lights etc.. Do any of you have any ideas or is this something I might have to create myself?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Does anyone know of an headlamp that simply uses battery power and that can be quickly taken on and off preferably by a simple clip off from the forks. I want to make my bike street legal and in idaho you only need a head and tail lamp,and I want to make it possible to make my bike motocross ready with in 30 min. Change wheels take off lights etc.. Do any of you have any ideas or is this something I might have to create myself?
look into led bicycle lights. they can be 150lumens or 3000.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yep, LED pods are the way to go. Check out ADVMonster, I've got two of the 2000 lumen pods on my Husky for extra light and they are obnoxiously bright, but hardly draw any current. You'll just have to charge whatever battery you're using more often.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, LED pods are the way to go. Check out ADVMonster, I've got two of the 2000 lumen pods on my Husky for extra light and they are obnoxiously bright, but hardly draw any current. You'll just have to charge whatever battery you're using more often.
I took a look and I couldn't find any battery powered ones. I didn't really look that hard though.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I took a look and I couldn't find any battery powered ones. I didn't really look that hard though.
Oh ok, so you don't have any kind of battery on the bike? What are you doing for a brake light?

You could mount a low-amp 12v battery pack somewhere under the seat just to run the lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts