SuperMoto Junkie banner

Having a clutch issue =[

946 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Borg 
#1 ·
I own a 2007 drz400sm and as of lately probably the last 3 months I've been having an issue with my clutch. When I go to start the bike and I pull in the clutch then press the ignite button it doesn't always start. I don't know what to think of it at first, so I pulled the clutch in again and tried once more, still nothing. So then I pulled the clutch in about 5-6 times then tried to start and it started right up. It does it to me every once in a while sometimes numerous times a day. I don't know where to start with fixing the problem except for looking at the clutch. If anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated. All you really have to do is tell me where to look and what to fix and I can handle it. I'm not that bike smart but I have common sense =]. Thanks.

#2 ·
Start simple, check the clutch switch. it is a little connector under the lever, If it is loose or making a bad connection that could be your issue.

Also check your kickstand switch, it could be malfunctioning causing your bike not to start. That switch is a little plunger above your kickstands.

If not, once you are riding, does you bike shift easily? It could be time to replace your clutch cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.