SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to wal-mart to pick up a couple of things today. There are quite a few dirt roads in my area, and one of them went through to the wal-mart. I had ridden down it before, so I just turned in and headed the 1/2 mile down the road. Turns out, I was a half mile too far south, and needed to turn around and take the next road. I thought about off-roading it on the edges of the fields, but wanted to be respectful and so I turned around and went all the way back. When I was almost back to the main road, a guy climbed over the fence and stood in the middle of the road.

This could get interesting... So I slowed way down, and came to a stop by him. He asked what I was doing, and I told him I was just going to wal-mart. He blew up and started cursing at me about how it was a private road. I apologized, and told him that he really should put up a sign if he didn't want people to go down that road. That made him a lot madder, and he started telling me how stupid I was because it wasn't paved, so how could it be a road? I advised him there were quite a few dirt roads that were county roads, and again I would appreciate it if he put up a sign. He cursed and yelled and went on, and finally I thought the conversation was over, so I get ready to head out. His yippy dog had been barking around my feet the whole time, and I didn't want to run the ugly little rat over, so I'm checking around to see if he is under the bike, which gave the guy plenty of time to get my plate number.

Chances are, he was too drunk or dropped out of grade school too soon to know numbers AND letters, but who knows. Anyhow, I'm wondering the appropriate steps to take... leave it alone, revisit it later at 2 AM, Toss a couple bags of trash on his yard, etc. I'm leaning towards doing nothing, except of course wheelie past his house every time I ride by, but it would be kind of fun to go ripping across his field flat tracking it.

Anyhow, just wanted to vent I guess... It's not like I was hurting anyone or anything, I wasn't spinning the tire, making a lot of noise, doing wheelies, etc. Just cruising down a road. I don't see any reason for his reaction, and it makes me mad that he thinks the road is private because it is dirt. :headscrat

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
He would have been much nicer if you were riding a SM610 maybe?:anim_peep:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He would have been much nicer if you were riding a SM610 maybe?:anim_peep:
Problem is it would have broke down and I wouldnt' have been able to get away. :anim_peep:

I just asked an ex-officer and they said that it DOES have to be marked in order to be cited for trespassing. However, his threats are illegal.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'd go to Home Depot and buy a couple large boxes of roofing nails and take my truck for a cruise down "his road" tossing handfulls out the window.

Then I'd go home, pop a beer and ponder what to do next and how to get started getting even with him.

I hate a**holes and I never let people get away with stuff like that.

Don't get mad.... GET EVEN!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt I'll do anything, but it just sucks that I was so nice to him, even though he was the one being a jerk. People like that shouldn't be allowed to take society's oxygen.

·
Registered
719 Posts
No one yelling about wheelies or burnouts at the races today. Just saying.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Bunch of us Ct guys were doing pretty much the same thing. Just hitting every dirt road we can find on the way to no where. Many, many, many dirt roads in our area. So we see a green street sign. Take the turn down the road. First house has a few bikes out front and we go on. Didn't think anything of anything as we get to the end of the road where theres another house on a culdesac. Rip around it and back up the road to find this dude on his 1940's era BMW with a side car motioning us with the hand/neck kill the motors signal. Leader goes by and now this dude explodes into gestures. Second guy goes by him and hes waving his hands and screaming, his face is purple at this point, way out of control. I get to him and hes yelling " GET THE F OUT OF HERE!!!" . Yea no shit buddy we are getting the F out of here, did you think we were going to take another lap down the 1/4 mile culdesac dirt road between two corn fields? This road wasn't even private. It had a town made official road sign and this dude was out of control with anger because 5 of us took a ride down his street. The world is just full of people that think have special purpose on this planet and everyone else is a lesser being. The more I think about the incident exactly a week ago I get even more fired up and kind of wished we did roost as one of the guys said he was going to do to him and his bike that didn't deserve to be collateral damage but man it would have left a smile on my face. Thought we spotted his bike at a gas station today, wasn't him but reminded me and thought I would chime in on the thread.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Get a camera and take a picture of the unmarked road to show that he didnt have it labeled. That way if he puts up a sign and tries to get you for tresspassing you will have proof it wasnt marked.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I almost T boned some retard today. Ripping through a small development with just a few houses, and this jackass coming the other way turns left in his drive right across my lane. Did a little backing it in to avoid his truck. I don't think he ever saw me, because there's basically no traffic through there. So I turn around and throw up a hand like :wtf: and the moron flips me off, like I did something wrong.

I started to turn around and say something, but what good would it do.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I had a very similar story. About 6 years ago I was riding with my older brother (both on sportbikes) down a nice and twisty farm country road. There was a few really decent 90 degree turns so we went up and down the street about 2 times before getting ready to leave. On the way out I noticed a 6' tall 250+ lb pot belly farmer wearing overalls standing in the middle of the street. I slowed WAY down and attempted to swerve around him and as I did he lunges at me and gets his hands on my shoulder almost pulling me off my R6!! My brother saw this, stopped in front of him and lit up the rear tire making a huge smoke screen and then we both sped off. As I looked back I could see him screaming and hollering as he was throwing rocks at us.

I wasn't stupid and I knew that no one should get harassed like that, so when I got home I called the police and explained what happened. The police gave that asshat a visit and he claimed that we were doing all sorts of crazy wheelies and stunts (not true and I can't stand that squidly behavior) so the cop didn't want to write anyone a ticket. BUT the good part of the story was the cops now knew who he was and recorded this incident so that if he tries anything like that again, his ass is grass.

Don't take bull like that from people. I think you did the right thing and moved on with your life. You were the better man in this situation. Trust me, Karma will bite this guy in the ass sooner than later.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It amazes me how much people can be asses. Whether it's loud exhaust on trucks or bikes or someone cruising down a road having fun, people got something to bitch about.

My next door neighbor is the same way. When I would start my Harley up at 4am to leave for work, it would "wake them up and they couldn't go back to sleep"..but for 3 hours before that their daughter's boyfriend would have his jacked up, turbo'd, illegal-to all-hell exhaust Cummins diesel running right in front of my house from 9 - 12 at night.

My WR isn't loud enough yet..but I can't wait BRAAAAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAAAAAP

I boil all of this down to jealousy. Haters gonna hate. :bannana:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Honestly, I'd check with the county to find out if it really is a private road. He may very well have been full of shit. And if he is, you just found a new playground. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Over reacted but I'd leave him alone. He just don't want the dust. Dust messes up every thing and mits in the dust ruin crops n orchards

·
Registered
685 Posts
Problem is it would have broke down and I wouldnt' have been able to get away.
You meet the nicest people on a Husqvarna.
People with tools, skills and spare parts.
btw, sorry Red that you got "the one." The really bad one that is, the worst case scenario, Murphy's machine, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I almost T boned some retard today. Ripping through a small development...
maybe slow down when you're riding through someone else's neighborhood? :hmmm:

i mean it's YOUR ass, if you want to t-bone some chucklehead driving in HIS neighborhood, that's up to you.

when freaking a$$holes speed by my house, i yell, throw shit, find out where they live, etc. because i have kids who like to be able to play in their own street without getting run down.

improve your 7-eleven lap times in less populated areas and you'll probably live longer. just my .02.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Like they said if its not marked and no gate wire across it or a cattle guard you are good.

Just FYI also if you ever see fence post or trees with a light purple stripe painted on them that is also considered a no trespassing sign.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You meet the nicest people on a Husqvarna.
People with tools, skills and spare parts.
btw, sorry Red that you got "the one." The really bad one that is, the worst case scenario, Murphy's machine, etc.
It really is too bad. I think I would have really liked that bike. Still miss the torque.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts