SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before, I tried searching but couldn't find the info I was looking for. I'm looking for a set of oversized bars for my 06 DRZ and was wondering what the "best" style of bar is best for supermoto? High bend, Low bend, Mid? What about the pro models? What do you guys prefer? Thanks in advance :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I think it's mostly personal preference... How tall are you? I'm 6'3 and have CR Hi Bend bars with additional bar risers. If your tall, your probably going to want a higher bend and if your shorter you'll probably want a mid to low bend bar.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I like having a higher bar. More room to put your knees when the bike is leaned over on it's side. But then again I don't ride on the street, so they might not be that comfortable. I went with Renthal Carmichael high bend.

My .02

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'm 5'11 I do like having a little higher bar on my mx bike but im not sure that I would like that on the street. I Suppose I could just compromise and get a mid/low bend. I was just concerned with how a different/higher bar would effect the handling and rider position of the bike. Guess I'll order up a set and find out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts