SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have?

How well did it mount?

I have looked at Acerbis, lots of options but the extra switching on the handlebars challenges the standard mounts and the long wrap around alum. type are questionable.

TIA

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cycra pro bend handguards, bonz handguard mounts. Took a bit of bending of the handguards, and 2 mirror spacers from a *cough*harley*cough* but it works and looks great.

and it gave me a place to mount my ez-pass

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good...I have a similar set up on my 525EXC. You could hang the bike by these!

I have ordered a set of ATV guards that do not require the bar mounting, but use just the bar end inserts.
I will post with my findings.

I am looking for more wind and rock protection from cars, than lever protection..... but I don't want them to rotate while riding down the road! :eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Acerbis ATV hand guards work GREAT!!!

I was looking for something for the 690 SMR and have been looking and trying different products with different mounting systems.

The first ride was today and what perfect application for ME. They do not have mounts on the inside like bark-busters for off road bikes, just from the knurled nut that is an expansion nut in the bar end.

They still offer plenty of protection for all but the worst front impact.

The finish, surprisingly, matches the bead blasted finish of the radial caliper.

I was concerned about the bar ends being removed and the bars vibrating...no problem!

They come in black and white so pick a pair let us know what you think!

Garry

·
Registered
154 Posts
SM/SMR compatibility:
BTW, the Acerbis Multi-plo guard works out fairly well with minimum of fuss. They are offered in three configurations: Race, Enduro and Tour for the extent of wind deflection required. Also need to buy the separate bar mount with the Renthal or Magura large diameter taper and specific to the left and right sides. I'll post a photo later if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Acerbis Spermoto guards on the Duke, I needed the fat bar fitting kit, im assuming the SMR bars are the same as the Duke. Easy to fit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts