SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my suspension back a week and a half ago.
Did not take long to get them back and customer service is great.

I had the forks re-valved with the Ohlins 20mm piston kit with mid valve, and the shock re-valved.
Spring changes were not needed with my weight.

This is the best mod I have done to the bike.
Improvements everywhere: on the gas, on the brakes, cornering.
The bike feels so much more stable and balanced.
No more crazy front end dive under hard braking, bike stays balanced.
The rear shock actually works now... stock was horrible to say the least.
The suspension feels a lot more like a sport bike now.
I'm still getting used to the differences and have only rode once with leathers on since the change.
I wanted to wait until I got over to Deals Gap to write this.
Not going to make it this weekend though, so I wanted to get the word out.
Well worth the money, super happy with the results :thumbup:
flojoe has ridden it since and was talking seriously about having his done.
He isn't on here much but I may be able to get him to speak on it.

I will update with my thoughts after a Deals Gap trip and after track days.

http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/index.htm

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is good to hear. I just got my X, and I've always been one for improving suspension. I may have to look hard at getting this done as well.

Care to say what all this set you back? ($$$)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This is good to hear. I just got my X, and I've always been one for improving suspension. I may have to look hard at getting this done as well.

Care to say what all this set you back? ($$$)
I'm very interested in finding out what you paid, also.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the exact number with me but it was well under $700 with shipping both ways.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh wow. That's considerably more than I was anticipating. Guess I'll have to start saving my pennies now.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Remeber...he got an Ohlins piston kit.
It's much less if you just wanna have a service and revalve, and that also does wonders for the handling.

For some reason, no-one ever wants to get in touch with Dave. They want someone else to tell them how much it will cost.
There is no one price that works for everyone. Each person is unique. The base service may be perfect for you, or you may need other items to get what you want out of your bike. If you do come across a suspension tuner that says 'one price' same as everyone else..be very suspect. Do you really think the 150lb guy is the same setting as the 200lb guy with just the clickers turned up or down a-bit? Huh-uh. It dosn't work that way.

Dave is a super nice guy, always has time to talk with you and there's never any pressure. If you want to send it off and get it back and bolt it on and haul ass instantly, Dave is the guy, because he has thouroughly discussed with you your needs, not someone else's.

There are many many testimonials here on SMJ (as well as all over the world) that mirror joel's experience with FBI exactly.

Give him a call. It's free...wadda ya got to lose? :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remeber...he got an Ohlins piston kit.
It's much less if you just wanna have a service and revalve, and that also does wonders for the handling.
Very true.
The Ohlins piston kit was the majority of what I spent.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks Joel! Glad you like your new suspension.

Everyone - please forward your questions to my email as I do not get on this great website all the time.

Regarding pricing - I try to keep pricing very far- and I offer several different prices based on what we are doing - for example for Joels project I offered Price "a" and price "B" based on the parts involved.

I believe in enjoying riding our bikes without "blowing the budget"

again - any questions please simply email me at:

[email protected]
(828)243-7240 cell

thanks again joel and chase for the kind words!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
revalve for a rear was about 200$ if i recall. screw the pipe,programer,bars and bling,this is money well spent and by far the best mod ever !!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
After putting some miles on my new 250X this weekend I can see the need for some shock work. I just can't afford to do both ends at the same time yet, and I worry about the balance if I had the rear done and the front stock...

I will keep this in mind though, and continue saving my pennies. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
It took me a while to listen to Chase and Mux and quit buying farkles and get my suspension done. When I got the bike back, I instantly wished I had listened sooner. And Dave's prices are super cheap if you can avoid the pull of the big O. +1 to the best money I've ever spent on any bike, period. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
"best $$ spent" is correct!!!!!
Just email him.... Like Chase says,"it's free." the $$ I spent on my DRZs suspension made the most dramatic difference of any mod I did...... My KLX will be there soon!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dave did my rear shock for me and it vastly improved the bike's cornering ability.

For those complaining about the cost, what you are paying for is parts. Dave is almost doing the work for free.

I can't wait to get my forks done.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If I can snag a spare shock off eBay or something to avoid down time I may send it in for the rework. Would anyone be interested in my spare when I was done with it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the full Ohlins setup form Dave over at FBI. Dave said that it would be shipping out tomorrow. I am super stoked! I had to save my pennies for a couple of months but I am told it is well worth it.:rock:

·
Registered
33 Posts
but how do these suspension mods work when hitting twisties hard and then you hit a decent jump ? is it one or the other ?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts