SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
43.5mpg on the first tank, and 46.4 on the 2nd one. total miles today 144.2
:D passed a jeep going 54, kicked down to 3rd gear, when i hit 69 mph the front tire came up right as i was passing his front bumper.
feels like the bike is getting stronger all the time.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
sounds like a fun day. Are you running stock gearing? 17/40?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just got back from my first ride, went to only curvy road around here, up the lake. Round trip was only 130 kms but really i was expecting just to hit the next town and come home. an older guy on a bmw1300 passed me on a straight section and was movin pretty good around corners so made me less nervous about police so upped the pace and just stayed behind him. Only have about an hour and a half street experience (tonight) but there is basically no chicken strips at all on the rear tire, i guess mx riding comes into play there. Im assuming/hoping opening these bike up (airbox/exhaust/emissions canister/re-jet/throttle stop) helps alot with performance? The whole street riding/cruise experience felt awesome, but I gotta say the bike felt kinda blah. Coming off a kx250f, apples and oranges i know but christ i could ride wheelies all day on that bike starting in 5th even. I definately like the fact that i put 7 dollars worth of gas in it haha.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from my first ride, went to only curvy road around here, up the lake. Round trip was only 130 kms but really i was expecting just to hit the next town and come home. an older guy on a bmw1300 passed me on a straight section and was movin pretty good around corners so made me less nervous about police so upped the pace and just stayed behind him. Only have about an hour and a half street experience (tonight) but there is basically no chicken strips at all on the rear tire, i guess mx riding comes into play there. Im assuming/hoping opening these bike up (airbox/exhaust/emissions canister/re-jet/throttle stop) helps alot with performance? The whole street riding/cruise experience felt awesome, but I gotta say the bike felt kinda blah. Coming off a kx250f, apples and oranges i know but christ i could ride wheelies all day on that bike starting in 5th even. I definately like the fact that i put 7 dollars worth of gas in it haha.
well to be honest mine has the canister, it does not weigh much. sas was removed by the prev owner. however he just sawed off the throttle stop.
so i had to do all the jetting myself.

mine has 48 idle jet, OBEKR 5th position, and main is 172. its very dialed in like this.
but mine has the akro exhaust and airbox lid gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts